What's new

Tutorial [JTAG] How To Downgrade From FreeBOOT 0.032 To 0.030

C

Cheez

I Got The Wizard Stick
Retired
Forum Addict
Reaction score
Super easy way to downgrade to FreeBOOT 0.030 from 0.032 on a Type 2 Motherboard. This is necessary if you wish to unban a Type 2 Motherboard, because you will receive Christmas Lights if you change KVs on FreeBOOT 0.032 on a Type 2 Motherboard.

- Things Needed -

• Original NAND Dump
  • CPU Key
  • iHc NANDTool (Download)
  • Flash360 (Download)
  • USB Drive

1. Download iHc NANDTool, and allow it to update to the newest version. Once the newest updates are applied, click on the Tools tab, and select iHc Nand Tool.
screen1um.png

2. After you click on the Nand Tool window, click on Setup and choose USB and the type of motherboard you are using.
screen2wp.png

3. Once you have chosen your motherboard type, click on the FreeBOOT Maker tab, and click click the FreeBOOT Builder button.
screen5w.png

4. You will then be prompted with this window...
screen3tq.png

Basically what this message is saying, is if you choose to build a FreeBOOT 0.032 image you will not be able to unban your console, and the alternative is to use FreeBOOT 0.030 which does not have the KV bug. All you have to do is click YES.

5. After you have clicked yes, it will prompt you to download the FreeBOOT 0.030 files, click YES again.
screen4p.png

6. Once the files are finished downlaoding, choose if you want DashLaunch or XB1 Games to be installed and enter your CPU key and click BUILD. Once the image has been built it will prompt you to save your new image. Save it as this EXACTLY...

updflash.bin

Once you have saved it download Flash360, and put all the files from the Flash360.rar on the root of your Flash Drive along with the updflash.bin

7. Use XeXMenu or FreeStyle Dash to load up Flash360. You will come to a blue screen with instructions written in the bottom right. Press the following buttons...

• A
  • B
  • Start
  • Start (Some people will not receive this 2nd warning)
  • A

If you get any errors such as "This NAND is not ZeroPaired." don't worry about, just continue with the process. Once the progress has reached 100%, press the BACK button till your console shuts down. After your console shuts down, to be safe let it sit for about 30 seconds before powering it back on.

8. If your 360 boots up to the initial setup (Asking you which country you are from) then you have correctly downgraded to FreeBOOT 0.030!

M

ModsBABY HD

Contributor
Reaction score
Nice tutorial, but isn't it easyer just to open your image in Easy Freeboot and choose what kinda Freeboot you would like ?

C

Cheez

I Got The Wizard Stick
Retired
Forum Addict
Reaction score
Nice tutorial, but isn't it easyer just to open your image in Easy Freeboot and choose what kinda Freeboot you would like ?

If you are talking about BestPigs ToolBox, it only creates 0.032 images.

M

ModsBABY HD

Contributor
Reaction score
If you are talking about BestPigs ToolBox, it only creates 0.032 images.
No I'm talking about Easy Freeboot 3, created by Sneaky Peanut.

Look at this thread http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/topic/301778-jtag-how-to-create-a-dashlaunce-image/page__gopid__2141490#entry2141490

btw Plus rep for the effort.

C

Cheez

I Got The Wizard Stick
Retired
Forum Addict
Reaction score
I have never heard of the app before, but either way it is just as easy.

K

KRiMiNAL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've seen a lot of these tut's now.
Fortunately, this ones the best so far & most detailed.

Good job.

E

em for mikey

Getting There
Reaction score
Nice tut man there has been a few posted around here already but this one is teh best by far :smile:

L

lumpycatfish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will this unban your JTAG??

E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
What exactly is the kv bug?
Them not realizing its a hash check to make sure the console is using the original KV. Zephyr's, Falcon's, Opus, and Jasper's have this check.

Its not a bug.

J

Jared

Boss
Experienced Veteran Mr. Nice Guy 5th Anniversary
Reaction score
Them not realizing its a hash check to make sure the console is using the original KV. Zephyr's, Falcon's, Opus, and Jasper's have this check.

Its not a bug.
In xellous on my xenon it says the hash check failed due to a decryption failure.Failed kv_read make sure the right kv is in the console!
Whats wrong with that?

E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
In xellous on my xenon it says the hash check failed due to a decryption failure.Failed kv_read make sure the right kv is in the console!
Whats wrong with that?
Xenon's don't have the check. That's a different issue.

Top Bottom