What's new

Solved JTag Help - DVD Drive

G

GNic24

Reaction score
Sin$
My friend bought a jTagged xbox and after a while it got the red ring, I took it apart and fixed it but after putting it back together the DVD drive won't read games anymore, it reads everything as "Play DVD". I know that when installing a new DVD into an xbox it will only read discs as DVDs if you don't flash the DVD key but this is the same DVD Drive that has always been in it. Does anyone know any reason why my drive would be doing this?

Thanks in advance

Brinko

Brinko

Retired & VIP HypeMan.
VIP
Retired
Fabled Veteran MotM Jokester
Reaction score
Sin$
Mine had the same problem, the thing what was wrong with mine was that the DVD Drive laser motor had burned out.

G

GNic24

Reaction score
Sin$
I just took apart the DVD drive and the metal rods are still in tact and I cleaned off the lense but still no luck, how would I test the laser motor?

ftcskater

ftcskater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I just took apart the DVD drive and the metal rods are still in tact and I cleaned off the lense but still no luck, how would I test the laser motor?
You need to get a multimeter and test the 2 points on the DVD pot on the laser. Tweak the pot so it it around 3.0ohms. nothing lower than 2.8ohms

Tutorial

http://xbox-experts.com/tutorial/how-to-tweak-the-dvddrive-laser/downloads/XBOX_360_POT_CALIBRATION_V1.0_by_Moda.pdf

P

pure3d2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If tweaking the laser doesn't help, it will have to be replaced.

For Hitachi and Samsung drives, use the SF-HD63 or SF-HD67 laser.

For BenQ and LiteOn drives, use the HOP-141B or HOP-141X laser. If you are going to be replacing the laser, be sure to remove the static protection solder point.

B

BRY4NT MODz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
boot in xellous and youll see a web site at the bottom of the screen go to the website and click set dvd key or somthing like that

G

GNic24

Reaction score
Sin$
My readings came out to be 3.2, but I did notice some sort of a substance on the board, The picture below shows the board, and lets please try to keep the comments appropriate lol

http://i54.tinypic.com/wmgefr.jpg

G

GNic24

Reaction score
Sin$
Alright its all fixed! Booted up xellous and did the set dvd key, and its all good now! Thanks for the help and thanks BRY4NT!

E

EBK xGarribeanx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If you have the CPU key, you must use it to decrypt the nand dump. This would give you the DVD key. You take this and flash it to a dvd drive which is the same model.

It's not hard, you just have to be able to flash dvd drives.
i dont know how to do that :frown:

B

BRY4NT MODz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Alright its all fixed! Booted up xellous and did the set dvd key, and its all good now! Thanks for the help and thanks BRY4NT!
No prob man Im glad i could help :biggrin:

wait what did you do i have the same problem
No all you gotta do is connect an ethernet cable boot in xellous(turn it on my eject button) at the bottom there will be a http website go to it and click set dvd key!your welcome :smile:

Top Bottom
Login
Register