• Thread starter JaamesAmos
  • Start date
  • Views 3,630
J

JaamesAmos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I would like to know what the best fan speed to have on a jtag is to prevent RROD, Overheating etc.
My Console is a Xenon if that makes a differance

Fire30

Fire30

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
Sin$
don't do the 12v fan mod... you can just tell it to go to 100% in fsd or in the nand. This is so much simpler....

L

lllN30lll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
don't do the 12v fan mod... you can just tell it to go to 100% in fsd or in the nand. This is so much simpler....
Agreed ^ ^ ^

Freestyle Dash has the option of setting the fan speed to %100. Works perfect and you can watch the temps drop by using it's status bars.

Icy-Tank

Icy-Tank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I always use 98%...I guess in my theory, having 2% of extra play in there means I am not pushing it 100%, just almost. I guess in my mind, the extra 2% doesn't really help that much and it keeps less power from being drawn which can reduce (even slightly) the chance that the extra power draw can kill the chips/circuitry of the board.

tim008

tim008

Retired Diet Mod
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I always use 98%...I guess in my theory, having 2% of extra play in there means I am not pushing it 100%, just almost. I guess in my mind, the extra 2% doesn't really help that much and it keeps less power from being drawn which can reduce (even slightly) the chance that the extra power draw can kill the chips/circuitry of the board.
I would like to know what the best fan speed to have on a jtag is to prevent RROD, Overheating etc.
You could go all out and wire in a 12v variable fan mod:

If you need the tut, quote me.

Brother Jordan

Brother Jordan

מספר אחד
VIP
Retired
Sinner Hardened Veteran MotM
Reaction score
Sin$
what if u do 12v fan mod then put it to 100? :tongue:

Once you 12v it, then you change the power source away from the fan controller, rendering the adjustable fan speed setting useless.

OP: 100% is best, since it lets you adjust it in the future.

Styx

Styx

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Xenons are famous for overheating. Full power will never hurt! Even then, it may still overheat, so 12v fan modding, isn't a bad idea. Keep them as high as they will go, and try not to use your JTAG for too long. Let it cool if you see it's getting hot...

Top Bottom
Login
Register