What's new

Unsolved JTAG Falcon Help Needed

B

boostedvtak

Reaction score
First off, I know I'm around 12 years late to the game but oh well...
Managed to get a never plugged into the internet Falcon a little while back (5 years ago), me and a buddy decided to try and JTAG it for the lols (only took us 5 years to attempt it).

Using a MTX Spi Flasher
Managed to pull the NAND. Solder joints seem to be good as far as I can tell, went through hole on the motherboard side, with 30awg single core wire.

Trying to use JRunner to flash Xell onto it.
It's CB 5770.
Dash version 6717.
We create the image, "Write Xell", it errors but is doing something as the console's behaviour changes.
We get RROD, error code 0022.

If I write the Xell "falcon.bin" using Nandpro instead of JRunner, then we get a single Red light. code 1033

What are we doing wrong?
Do we need to do the AUD_CLAMP wiring? ---- could this be the cause of the 0022 code maybe?
Will be doing the AUD_CLAMP think tonight anyway, but with this in place, is the NAND still readable/writeable if it doesn't boot or will I need to undo that then flash again?

Thank you

Last edited:
Lucky

Lucky

Classique is best
Super Moderators
Premium
Scaling the Mountain Beginning of An Odyssey Bright Idea
Solutions
Reaction score
Error 0022 is a CPU related error code, possible related to nand, there’s other reasons.
Error 1033 is a bad flash (no xam.xex found) or could be a harddrive issue. HDD is not needed for performing jtag though, so it’s probably nand related.

Do you have the retail Nand still? If so, undo your jtag wiring and flash retail back and see if RROD still exists.
We can go from that point on, once it’s determined there’s no actual faults with the console.

And for jtag method, you do not necessarily need aud clamp method.

B

boostedvtak

Reaction score
Error 0022 is a CPU related error code, possible related to nand, there’s other reasons.
Error 1033 is a bad flash (no xam.xex found) or could be a harddrive issue. HDD is not needed for performing jtag though, so it’s probably nand related.

Do you have the retail Nand still? If so, undo your jtag wiring and flash retail back and see if RROD still exists.
We can go from that point on, once it’s determined there’s no actual faults with the console.

And for jtag method, you do not necessarily need aud clamp method.
Thanks for the reply.
I did forget to mention in the original post, but Yes, if I flash the stock back on it boots without any issues.
I did the AUD Clamp wiring last night and tried again, but same result unfortunately.
Well, flashed the Xell wiyh aud clamp checked with JRunner, then added on the transsitors and resistors.

Thanks

Lucky

Lucky

Classique is best
Super Moderators
Premium
Solutions
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.
I did forget to mention in the original post, but Yes, if I flash the stock back on it boots without any issues.
I did the AUD Clamp wiring last night and tried again, but same result unfortunately.
Well, flashed the Xell wiyh aud clamp checked with JRunner, then added on the transsitors and resistors.

Thanks
Try out this method, I think this is what I was using in my falcon before I had a GPU failure…
https://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/aud-clamp-solder-points.384638/post-2783140

Lucky

Lucky

Classique is best
Super Moderators
Premium
Solutions
Reaction score
Also, do I need any specific diode or literwlly just something for 1 way flow?
They are pretty much generic diodes, 1N4148. Can be bought by the hundreds for a few bucks each or picked up from local electronic supply stores (like RadioShack.. rip).

Is that in place of the 2 resistors and transistors for the aud clamp or along side it?
I do believe it is in place, not alongside.

Top Bottom
Login
Register