Solved jtag e74 with 2 red rings

• Thread starter wae like mark
  • Start date
  • Views 390
W

wae like mark

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i was in xexmenu and clicked on a default.xex to play a game and the screen went blank. i turned xbox off then on and now i keep getting e74 with 2 red lights secondary code 1422.. i don't have a clue what to do now so i thought i ask you experienced people

Gnarles

Gnarles

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i was in xexmenu and clicked on a default.xex to play a game and the screen went blank. i turned xbox off then on and now i keep getting e74 with 2 red lights secondary code 1422.. i don't have a clue what to do now so i thought i ask you experienced people

E74 is normally 1 red light. Either way, E74 means there is a general Hardware failure (most of the time GPU related). You console will need to be repaired.

W

wae like mark

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks for the reply i shall get it repaired just wanted a 2nd opinion

it boots into xell reloaded ok which is odd

Gnarles

Gnarles

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks for the reply i shall get it repaired just wanted a 2nd opinion

it boots into xell reloaded ok which is odd

The hardware requirements for xell are different than hardware requirements for a normal boot. I believe that Xell only requires the CPU.

It is very common for E74 JTAGs to boot to Xell. This confirmsthat it is your GPU.

Delete_Facebook

Delete_Facebook

Contributor
Grammar Nazi Forum Addict
Reaction score
I got the E74 after installing Dash Launch.

It was just a coincidence that it decided to RROD right after the DL install. Did the X-Clamp fix, and it's running today.

Top Bottom