What's new

Solved JTag/Dvd key questions

F

Frozhen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sup guys, I recently purchased an RRoD'ed xbox off of Ebay and fixed it today to find out that it's running the old Blades dashboard meaning it's JTaggable. I have zero interest in JTagging this console for online modding purposes. I want to JTag the console because whoever owned this console before me tried to swap drives out/attempted to flash the drive and lost the DVD Key. So I would like to JTag the console to retrieve the DVD Key and re-flash the drive so I can play games again.

My only question is, How? All the tutorial's I've read about JTagging a console have nothing to do with repair/ DVD Key Retrieval only installing of XBR/Freestyle dash. My computer doesn't have an LPT port and neither do any of my other PC's. So, would buying a NAND-X or CygnosV2 or even the USB flasher off of here(Xbox-Experts.com) be the easiest way to read my consoles nand?

Also, If I did want to JTAG and install a custom dash would I still be able to go online without getting banned? Say I wanted to play retail copy's of games online with my friends but If I wanted to play backup's I could go offline and launch up XBR or Freestyle dash and launch up a back-up would I be able to do that and not get banned online?

Thanks in advance guys.

H

Henickedmysandw

Reaction score
To my knowledge, if a system is running a modified bootloader, you will be beanned for signing into XBL regardless of what you do, playing games or not.

Again, im not an expert on this but I think you would need to JTAG the console, install Xell (or something with Xell XBR?) and retrieve the CPU key, and then you can get the DVD Key from that, I think.

Also retrieveing the NAND of the console through USB would probably be good for you, have a look at the NAND-X from CK3.
Code:
http://www.ck3.co.uk/xecuter-nandx.html

But I think you need to do some more reading on the process of the JTAG.
Check out
Code:
www.free60.org

Tbh, once you have Jtag'd the console you may aswell play games from an external HDD as you can use any with the machine.

J

jimlfixit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if you didnt want to fully jtag your system you can just jtag the cosole initially, make 3 dumps of the nand, write xell to it, retrieve your cpu key and reflash with original nand dump, open up your nand image in 60 flash tool and it will tell you your dvd key. this way you will ave a stock 360 and drive.

H

h2player117

Getting There
Reaction score
You JTAG and run XeLLous, it will tell you it's dvd key and then reflash original NAND. That simple. However, if you cant JTAG your system your going to need someone to do it for you. I offer the service for 30$+return shipping if you are interested.

Top Bottom