• Thread starter phoebe
  • Start date
  • Views 11,599
P

phoebe

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi,

I have a jtag with dash 12611 plus freestyle dash 2.

In order to use kinect I need to install the avatar update from microsoft.
This one: http://download.microsoft.com/download/4/1/D/41D9A2BA-3B48-4BD5-B613-122E7C3A1390/SystemUpdate12611.zip

So, my USB disk has a directory $systemupdate with the update in it, but when I restart the xbox the update just won't install. It does not say anything.

I tried installing the update on a DVD, no luck either.

How can I install this update? Thanks for the help!

Fire30

Fire30

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
Sin$
Hi,

I have a jtag with dash 12611 plus freestyle dash 2.

In order to use kinect I need to install the avatar update from microsoft.
This one: http://download.microsoft.com/download/4/1/D/41D9A2BA-3B48-4BD5-B613-122E7C3A1390/SystemUpdate12611.zip

So, my USB disk has a directory $systemupdate with the update in it, but when I restart the xbox the update just won't install. It does not say anything.

I tried installing the update on a DVD, no luck either.

How can I install this update? Thanks for the help!

if you have new dashlaunch on.... then you need to take it off...

oblivioncth

oblivioncth

Mr. Cloth
Mr. Nice Guy MotM TotM
Reaction score
Sin$
if you have new dashlaunch on.... then you need to take it off...

Wow that's weird. Does the new Dashlaunch prevent updates like that? Or do you need to take it off permanently even after the update?

P.S. YOUR SIG QUOTES ARE HILARIOUS! EXPECIALLY THE ETHERNET ONE :lol:

Fire30

Fire30

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
Sin$
Wow that's weird. Does the new Dashlaunch prevent updates like that? Or do you need to take it off permanently even after the update?

P.S. YOUR SIG QUOTES ARE HILARIOUS! EXPECIALLY THE ETHERNET ONE :lol:

You can put it back on after the avatar update....

the new dashlaunch has a feauture t not allow any new updates.

oblivioncth

oblivioncth

Mr. Cloth
Mr. Nice Guy MotM TotM
Reaction score
Sin$
You can put it back on after the avatar update....

the new dashlaunch has a feauture t not allow any new updates.

OK thanks. My new JTAG RROD'ed before I could even set it up (all that work for RROD) and I'm getting it back from Icy-tank soon so that's something that's good to know.

P

phoebe

Reaction score
Sin$
I tried not to boot into fsd, but then the update won't install either. It just does not start the update.

The first time I booted with the update on a usb stick, fsd said that 'there are updates available'. But when going to the settings menu, none were visible.

Any tutorials how to take dashlaunch off? (I did not install freestyle dash or the dashbord version myself).

vonHelms

Enigma

7s Most Wanted
Reaction score
Sin$
It wont install because you can't connect to Xbox Live, derp!

Also, if you do it, you are just gonna f*** up your jtag and turn it into a regular xbox.

Dwack

Dwack

Now employed at Dominoes!
Experienced Veteran Hardened Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
As long as you are installing the official 12611 update you will be fine. All you need to do is edit your launch.ini and turn the system update option to false. Then you can reboot and install the update. After words you can edit your ini file back to true so that certain games won't prompt you for an update.

Code:
; when set to false, xbox will be capable of finding system updaters
; if not present this is set to TRUE
noupdater = true

P

phoebe

Reaction score
Sin$
As long as you are installing the official 12611 update you will be fine. All you need to do is edit your launch.ini and turn the system update option to false. Then you can reboot and install the update. After words you can edit your ini file back to true so that certain games won't prompt you for an update.

Code:
; when set to false, xbox will be capable of finding system updaters
; if not present this is set to TRUE
noupdater = true

Sorry for the late reply. My husband gave me a surprise long weekend away :smile:.

I modified the launch.ini as you described, but no luck: the xbox does nog recognize the systemupdate.

Any other ideas maybe??

Fire30

Fire30

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
Sin$
Sorry for the late reply. My husband gave me a surprise long weekend away :smile:.

I modified the launch.ini as you described, but no luck: the xbox does nog recognize the systemupdate.

Any other ideas maybe??

once you pdate the launch.ini you have to run the installer.xex again

X

xEVILx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It wont install because you can't connect to Xbox Live, derp!

Also, if you do it, you are just gonna f*** up your jtag and turn it into a regular xbox.
you my friend are an idiot go away! it will install with dashlaunch you just have to rename the system update so that it has 2 $ at the beginning.

dashlaunch blocks systemupdates so take your system update folder called: $systemupdate and rename it $$ystemUpdate put on the root directory of a usb pen plug into your xbox and turn on when prompted to update click yes then it will install.

these are correct about dashlaunch but they are doing everything the hard way.

note: you may have to be sighned into a profile for it to work not sure

007DONJON007

Reaction score
Sin$
you my friend are an idiot go away! it will install with dashlaunch you just have to rename the system update so that it has 2 $ at the beginning.

dashlaunch blocks systemupdates so take your system update folder called: $systemupdate and rename it $$ystemUpdate put on the root directory of a usb pen plug into your xbox and turn on when prompted to update click yes then it will install.

these are correct about dashlaunch but they are doing everything the hard way.

note: you may have to be sighned into a profile for it to work not sure
Does the system update work on a fake hard drive ? Thanks !

Top Bottom
Login
Register