Solved JTAG and going online without ban

• Thread starter asgard
  • Start date
  • Views 3,187
A

asgard

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi everyone, I've been looking into jtagging my exploitable console for quite a while now, but have been holding off as I can't find a certain subject online about it. I currently have a console with iExtreme 1.61 that I play my copied games on, and a non-moddified console that I play online with. I switch the hard drive between consoles, so I can use my profile for both. The reason why I haven't flashed it with LT is because I don't want to risk M$ coming out with a new patch that can detect it, and end up getting banned. So, what I would like to know, is if I jtagged my exploitable console, and did the same hard drive swapping with my non-moddified console, would M$ detect anything from that hard drive, that would suggest that it has been used on a jtagged console? If I used my official hard drive only for my gamer profile, and used an external hard drive for all homebrew programs, and to back all my games onto, would M$ still be able to detect any anomalies on my profile?

twochikenwang

twochikenwang

Chuck Norris
Reaction score
Sin$
no i have xex menu on my harddrive that i play onlone with and its been 3 months and no ban

i put my hdd on a retail xbox though

decima7e

decima7e

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Hi everyone, I've been looking into jtagging my exploitable console for quite a while now, but have been holding off as I can't find a certain subject online about it. I currently have a console with iExtreme 1.61 that I play my copied games on, and a non-moddified console that I play online with. I switch the hard drive between consoles, so I can use my profile for both. The reason why I haven't flashed it with LT is because I don't want to risk M$ coming out with a new patch that can detect it, and end up getting banned. So, what I would like to know, is if I jtagged my exploitable console, and did the same hard drive swapping with my non-moddified console, would M$ detect anything from that hard drive, that would suggest that it has been used on a jtagged console? If I used my official hard drive only for my gamer profile, and used an external hard drive for all homebrew programs, and to back all my games onto, would M$ still be able to detect any anomalies on my profile?

No, they don't store any data on your harddrive. I have been doing it for quite a while and haven't had any troubles.

Mocking Da Bird

Mocking Da Bird

Guys Below Me Suck
Retired
AzzidReign Jr Hardened Veteran Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
If you have XeXMenu on a Hard drive and you put it in your Retail. It will just show up as a corrupted game, i have heard of M$ console banning people with XeXMenu on a retail xbox....:blink:

E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
There is only 1 thing to worry about when swapping the HDD from a JTAG to a retail and back.

When there is a dashboard update. Be very careful when you put the harddrive back on the JTAG. It can update the JTAG with the update files stored on the HDD. Which would be bad for you.

A

asgard

Reaction score
Sin$
There is only 1 thing to worry about when swapping the HDD from a JTAG to a retail and back.

When there is a dashboard update. Be very careful when you put the harddrive back on the JTAG. It can update the JTAG with the update files stored on the HDD. Which would be bad for you.

So, please excuse me for being a noob to this, but how do you update the JTAG? I understand dashboard version 3 is out sometime within the next few months.

slimwadey

slimwadey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It has been proven that loaders like XEXmenu and XEXloader and Freestyle Dash DO change your live profile

i will put up a Tut from another site that proves this

Slim

V

VodkaSoul

Reaction score
Sin$
Was not like that for me xD, just to get my neww jtag xbox that i was waiting for weeks to get it and ive putted it online on halo, about 30 mins after that i lost connection and when tryed to connect back it says your console have been banned for ..., its realy pissing off. I know i need to get a new keyvault for getting it back online but im i gona get banned again after like 30 mins offline with a new keyvault?

I

I EAT XP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Was not like that for me xD, just to get my neww jtag xbox that i was waiting for weeks to get it and ive putted it online on halo, about 30 mins after that i lost connection and when tryed to connect back it says your console have been banned for ..., its realy pissing off. I know i need to get a new keyvault for getting it back online but im i gona get banned again after like 30 mins offline with a new keyvault?
bottom line u go on halo reach u will be banned within the hour :lol:

A

asgard

Reaction score
Sin$
So would it be easier to switch my profile over using a separate USB storage device? I'm getting mixed answers from people, and I still don't want to risk getting banned.

I

I EAT XP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So would it be easier to switch my profile over using a separate USB storage device? I'm getting mixed answers from people, and I still don't want to risk getting banned.
Basicly i transfer my live safe profile to my jtag via usb to get achievements on my arcade games and iso ect and i have been doing so for weeks with out a problem
I now have a crap load of emulators now that have unlockable achievements so if u have some as well and as long as u never EVER play them AT ALL and dont play a game thats not gonna be released for over 5 days u should be fine!
I have been playing halo reach on my live profile for 5 days and ive been online with the achievements and i have had no problems soooo far but to be sure limit urself to not using ur live safe on knew games and going on online with it until the last 5 days before its released :wink: sorry i ment to say never play them on the profile u dont want to get banned, obviously u can do what u want on your jtag offline account :smile:

diskopolo

diskopolo

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
earning achievements on jtag are fine.. just copy using XEXmenu.. my jtag is on different dash to my retail.. i just simply copy it over using modio to usb.. then pase on jtag, sign in and earn those achievos and do the same for putting it back on retail.. try not to make it obvious that youve just turned it off then turned it back on with those achievements magically there... results in "cheater"

Top Bottom
Login
Register