What's new

Unsolved Jrunner Nand Read Issues

YogettHD

YogettHD

Reaction score
I've looked everywhere for solutions here. I've seen lots of "Your soldering is bad" and decided to spend my whole day redoing soldering. If there was a way to determine where the shorts / bad solders are and i knew about it i could've fixed this myself but i'm absolutely clueless. My board has had issues with it's in board solder being weird. I think perhaps i was being too aggressive and ended up burning the board / my flux. The board solder was inflating on the back of the board which can't be great, i've since cleaned that up.

I keep getting this error : Flash 0x0000000

I'm looking for specific pointers. I know i've done a rough job. I'm not exactly an expert. I've tried fully refreshing multiple times using alcohol and q tips (i'm a novice lol)
Also Earlier on i was pretty certain my soldering was perfect and that the issue was with the jprogrammer, if i could get pointers on how to make sure that it's not the jprogrammer at fault or just a nod as to if it's fake or not (i've seen that some are fake)

I'll put pictures below but if i'm unable to fix this up tommorow (i plan on spending the whole day on it as my coolrunner arrives tommorow and ideally i can be done before then) I'll probably pay someone to do it for me.

I'm actually slightly concerned i've ruined the job. I'm not very familiar with circuit boards and how they work so i'm not sure when is too much damage. As of the most recent pictures the xbox has booted normally so at least ive not bricked it.

I've seen people suggesting resistor legs to get a better connection. If you share this suggestion i'd really appreciate a link to some that are viable as i've already wasted enough money on this i don't want to go off my own judgement.
I don't normally post for help so i'm sorry if this is the wrong format, in the wrong place etc but i'll be checking this post regularly and replying until the issue is fixed. I'm happy to add discords if people offer help and appreciate it if so.

Here are the pics, brace yourself.

The flux was not pleasant.

Risking Perfect

Risking Perfect

I think I work here?
Super Moderators
Seasoned Veteran Beginning of An Odyssey Scaling the Mountain
Reaction score
So I will add that the red wire and the pad next to it looks like they are bridged. Try and carefully remove some of the solder from the other pad. Also, try and place tape over the bottom pads to prevent shorting to the case.

If this is your first time modding an Xbox, something I still mess up on is making sure the motherboard is plugged in when reading the nand.

On the jrunner side, when you plug your jr-programmer into the computer does a logo pop up in jrunner? Also if you have bought it recently, your jrp has almost a 100% chance of being fake because the original producer has not made them in years.

Last edited:
YogettHD

YogettHD

Reaction score
So I will add that the red wire and the pad next to it looks like they are bridged. Try and carefully remove some of the solder from the other pad. Also, try and place tape over the bottom pads to prevent shorting to the case.

If this is your first time modding an Xbox, something I still mess up on is making sure the motherboard is plugged in when reading the nand.

On the jrunner side, when you plug your jr-programmer into the computer does a logo pop up in jrunner? Also if you have bought it recently, your jrp has almost a 100% chance of being fake because the original producer has not made them in years.
Unbridged the red wire and it's neighbour pad. That was an issue, i also remove da lot of debris, smaller solder pieces that probably cause shorts. Taped the bottom (even though i don't use the case i just try to read outside of the case.)

Motherboard is always plugged in when im testing, i think you mean the power is plugged into the back of the xbox, that's what i've done if not then there's something i've missed.

The jrunner was frop chipchopmods or something on ebay. They have a lot of chips and are probably somewhat reputable. The chip responds and works like a jrp as i've flashed it to make sure it can still carry certain functions and it does.

Unfortunately after all that, not working currently, i have really messed up the front end of the nand as seen in the pictures because i was holding the solder to the board too long (impatient - it wasn't hot enough) i did previously test on a different board but the results there weren't great either. I'd say im much better after doing it for 12 hours straight so i'd like to ask, if i connect these wires from the bottom of the motherboard like i've done with the red (but with all of them) would that be acceptable. Is it the same as on the front? I'm not entirely sure.

Top Bottom