Solved JR Programmer v2 Issues

• Thread starter JayMcQuillen
  • Start date
  • Views 843
JayMcQuillen

JayMcQuillen

Reaction score
Sin$
I am trying to rgh my second console and I ran into a bit of an issue. My JR Programmer doesn't seem to want to work anymore. I got it to work last time and I've followed the same steps to try to get it to work again, but alas, no luck. The programmer has a green led, but my computer doesn't see it in the device manager anymore. Ive re flashed the fw, and tried using the disable driver enforcement, the problem is, it either shows up as just a standard usb controller, or not at all. It shows on both jrunner and the device manager when its in bl mode, but when i have it set normally i see nothing. And when in BL mode it shows up as HID Device I believe its called, and Ive tried updating the drivers to that as well, but as soon as I uninstall it, it disappears. Does anyone perhaps have any idea whats wrong, or how I can fix it?

JayMcQuillen

JayMcQuillen

Reaction score
Sin$
New Update: So, I'm not entirely sure what the problem was, I was using Windows 10. And it constantly showed up as a USB device, and an HID device at the same time. I had tried uninstalling the drivers, flashing the fw multiple times, EVERYTHING. So, I decided to do something as a last resort before giving up. I downloaded a copy of Windows 7, and set up a dual boot OS. It was simple, just installing Windows 7 on a separate partition of my HDD. I booted into Windows 7, after all the updates of course, and SUCCESS. It showed up as J-R Programmer in Device Manager. I did the driver install with driver enforcement off, and it worked like a charm. So, in short, if anyone has this same issue, and can try to put a copy of Windows 7, or Windows XP (I've read that it works with XP almost flawlessly) maybe that will fix the issue. Good luck to anyone who has the issue. Happy Modding!

Onlineweare

Onlineweare

Inspiration is key
Grizzled Veteran Experienced Veteran 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
Weird, I had a slimier problem where my JRv2 wouldn't show up on Windows 10 after then a new update. I ended up going to settings and devices and then found it listed and removed it from the list. After that my device showed in device manager with no driver installed. I rebooted and disabled driver reinforcement then installed the new driver. I've since had no problems! Maybe this will help people looking with the same problem later. :wink:

Top Bottom
Login
Register