What's new

Solved JR Programmer no longer receiving power.

L

l3l

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello Se7ensins,

Last week I had attempted a mod on my 360, but accidentally wrote a Stock Nand (Yes, it did boot XeLL.)

I tried to re solder my nand wires many many times, and I kept getting either Version 00 or 0x000000.

Now when I plug it in it doesn’t receive power from my xbox.

It is a Trinity Motherboard with Bottom Board soldering.
Anything helps :smile:

R

Risking Perfect

If I'm online, my kids asleep.
Super Moderators
Reaction score
it almost looks like your 6 is bridged and possibly your 1 & 3 are as well. If you have any flux I would recommend taking them all off and applying some flux to the area. Then retinning the points and trying again. Flux just keeps everything so nice and purty on your board. Also if you have any sewing needles of spare resistors laying around, attach them to ends of your nand wires to keep the install cleaner.

L

l3l

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it almost looks like your 6 is bridged and possibly your 1 & 3 are as well. If you have any flux I would recommend taking them all off and applying some flux to the area. Then retinning the points and trying again. Flux just keeps everything so nice and purty on your board. Also if you have any sewing needles of spare resistors laying around, attach them to ends of your nand wires to keep the install cleaner.

Green does look like its attatched to another point, let me fix that. Also I did use flux on all the points, thats why they look more shiny than usual

Edit: I have fixed everything that looks like it needs fixing.
Still no sign of power from my JR Programmer, and it still pops up in JRunner just perfectly.

R

Risking Perfect

Super Moderators
Reaction score
OK, nice btw, very clean. So this may sound like I am condescending but I do this myself time to time even though I have made 10+ consoles now. Is the console (as well as the psu) plugged in?

Note: Sorry it took me so long to get back to you, I fell asleep for 3 hours.

L

l3l

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, nice btw, very clean. So this may sound like I am condescending but I do this myself time to time even though I have made 10+ consoles now. Is the console (as well as the psu) plugged in?

Note: Sorry it took me so long to get back to you, I fell asleep for 3 hours.
So i was able to reflash the nand but im not sure which timing files to use

R

Risking Perfect

Super Moderators
Reaction score
The timing files change from console to console, a good one to start with is TR_L_0.6_T_60.3 and work from there.

This is a rip from the README.txt in the folder

If you can't achieve success, to understand what's wrong, you should follow the LED blinking explanation below:
1) LED blinks two times SHORT, then SHORT:
.....##...##...................##............
this behaviour means all checks were passed, but console have failed to start.
commonly happens when the pulse length is too large, or the timing value is too low

2) LED blinks two times SHORT, then LONG:
.....##...##...................##############
this one means checks failure. Too large timing, or too short pulse length

for example, with TR_L_0.2_T_59.7 you must get only LONG cycles, and with TR_L_0.9_T_59.7 you'll get only SHORT cycles
BUT with both TR_L_0.2_T_60.9 and TR_L_0.9_T_60.9 you'll get mostly LONG cycles.

Here is my entire folder of timing files (There are quite a few here):
[Click here to view this link]
Virus Scan

L

l3l

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The timing files change from console to console, a good one to start with is TR_L_0.6_T_60.3 and work from there.

This is a rip from the README.txt in the folder

If you can't achieve success, to understand what's wrong, you should follow the LED blinking explanation below:
1) LED blinks two times SHORT, then SHORT:
.....##...##...................##............
this behaviour means all checks were passed, but console have failed to start.
commonly happens when the pulse length is too large, or the timing value is too low

2) LED blinks two times SHORT, then LONG:
.....##...##...................##############
this one means checks failure. Too large timing, or too short pulse length

for example, with TR_L_0.2_T_59.7 you must get only LONG cycles, and with TR_L_0.9_T_59.7 you'll get only SHORT cycles
BUT with both TR_L_0.2_T_60.9 and TR_L_0.9_T_60.9 you'll get mostly LONG cycles.

Here is my entire folder of timing files (There are quite a few here):
[Click here to view this link]
Virus Scan
Thanks bro!!! It worked perfectly!!!
After 2 months and countless burns, its finally done
(This post may be archived now.)

R

Risking Perfect

Super Moderators
Reaction score
Hey man, in case you want to do this thing again (I thought I was done after my first but now I make and sell the things), here are a few things you can do to make your life a bit easier and your installs a bit cleaner.

Sewing needles on Nand Wires:
9AKY0gU.jpg

Resistor legs on Nand Wires:
6MhdPey.jpg

(Please note that the needle one was done about 3 years ago and made with what I had available so they don't look the best. The resistor wires were done about a week and a half ago and look a lot better)

L

l3l

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey man, in case you want to do this thing again (I thought I was done after my first but now I make and sell the things), here are a few things you can do to make your life a bit easier and your installs a bit cleaner.

Sewing needles on Nand Wires:
9AKY0gU.jpg

Resistor legs on Nand Wires:
6MhdPey.jpg

(Please note that the needle one was done about 3 years ago and made with what I had available so they don't look the best. The resistor wires were done about a week and a half ago and look a lot better)
Thanks, ill consider it :smile:

S

SamyHx

Reaction score
So i was able to reflash the nand but im not sure which timing files to use
How did you manage to fix it, I have the exact same problem and I don't think the soldering is the problem. I have experience with PS2 Modchips.

L

l3l

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How did you manage to fix it, I have the exact same problem and I don't think the soldering is the problem. I have experience with PS2 Modchips.
It was a solder problem yes, I had no idea what I was doing since it was my first install, and figured that as the issue.

Top Bottom