What's new

Question Joining Parties & Games problems 360

K

KrisP31

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi Everyone,

First post here, i have become extreemly frustrated with talktalks service due to their lack of help with resolving this issue. Let me explain what the problem is and what i have tried to rectify the issue.

I am not able to connect to parties or games hosted by my firend who is also on talktalk, i can connect with friends who are running on different ISP's to me(and so can he), this issue is the same when i host a party and try to invite him as well.

There is no specific error code from the xbox, just "can't connect to xbox live party". I have a case open with microsoft as well trying to fix this but they can not understand why it isn't working. Everything was working fine until about 3 to 4 weeks ago now, when this issue occurred.

I can confirm that both of our xboxs are working fine and there is no conflict between our profiles because i have taken my xbox over to my neiboughs house (whos ISP is EE), started a party, added my friend and everything worked perfectly. We tried it the other way around, so i asked my friend to invite me to a party and everything worked fine.

We have both been using talktalks super routers, i have opened all the required ports, tried to DMZ the Xbox's IP, Upnp is Enabled, i have reset the router back to factory settings and started fresh(we have done this on both routers). I have also been out and bought a new router and set that up in hope that it was just my router and still no difference.

I have also tried setting a manual IP and DNS on the Xbox to make sure it differs from my friends and then applying all of the above proceedures again based upon the Xbox's static IP. I have run through every diagnostic test that i can with microsoft ( who have been helpful and actually willing to try and get to the bottom of this with me). As i say everything works fine with anyone else that we try and play with online who are on other ISP's.

The last test i ran was setting up a free vpn on my laptop and running the xbox through that which actually allowed us to connect to a party together, so effectively by passing talktalks internet.

Any help would be great as i am pulling my hair out now regarding this situation.

Thanks

Kris

Top Bottom
Login
Register