• Start date
  • Views 2,669
trtl

trtl

Seasoned Member
Mythical Veteran Forum Addict Legendary Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I'd say just wait until around the end of the year to get Fermi. SLI 260's are completely capable of playing games just fine, and there is little value beyond boastability to have the best of the best.

iFailModz

iFailModz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I would say you should over clock and than just r*** and play like cod on the computer/ wow/ and all other comp games and be on se7ensins just for laughs. =P

J

Jay

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Haxalot88 said:
Seriously, get all 8gb RAM installed. Surely you can overclock your processor well enough to not lose stability in your RAM.

I'm willing to bet you've never used a 790i before... These things are so picky with the settings it's ridiculous to get stable. Even at slow under clocked settings.

Madman340 said:
I'd say just wait until around the end of the year to get Fermi. SLI 260's are completely capable of playing games just fine, and there is little value beyond boastability to have the best of the best.

Yea it makes so much more sense to wait a few months after the product has been out. Look at the 200 series... when the 260/280 came out the price completely raped your wallet and the first versions had some serious hardware issues.

Dreamcast said:
I would say you should over clock and than just r*** and play like cod on the computer/ wow/ and all other comp games and be on se7ensins just for laughs. =P

It's overclocked as far as I'm willing to take it without creating a mini trinobal in my room... I don't play WoW or CoD... Those are weak. It's all about CRYSIS!!!!

iFailModz

iFailModz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Haha you shouldn't be worried, and you should make basically an inferno in your bedroom just for laughs.

J

Jay

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Lulz... Did a benchmark of UT3. Cranked the settings. went into one of the .ini files and unlocked the max. fps... I love these cards. It's only going to go higher when I get the 275's :w00t:.

ut3bench.png

Haxalot88

Haxalot88

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
Jay said:
I'm willing to bet you've never used a 790i before... These things are so picky with the settings it's ridiculous to get stable. Even at slow under clocked settings.
I've worked with other NVIDIA mobo's before. Really the motherboard shouldn't be picky about the settings, it's going to be the balance between your components. Surely you know all about overclocking though, and i'm willing to bet that you played with the RAM multiplier as well.

J

Jay

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
RAM multiplier?

Are you talking about the FSB?

The 790i is a completely different pain in the *** when it comes to the 7 series. Trust me.

trtl

trtl

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
Sin$
I see you get great frames, but with VSYNC off do you not experience screen tearing?

J

Jay

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I haven't noticed any tearing yet but I'll keep an eye out for it.

J

Jay

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Paint it black!!! Just got my rig back together after a couple days of painting the inside. I used a metallic flake black spray that looks like gloss black until you shine light on it and then you see it sparkle.

Oh and to please the wire management gods I spent 2 hours getting everything neat and tidy. It's all crammed behind the motherboard tray and inside of a little port hole for the front panel wires.

Lots of pics:

118.jpg

119.jpg

120.jpg

121.jpg

122.jpg

123-1.jpg

124.jpg

125.jpg

126.jpg

127.jpg

128.jpg

129.jpg

130.jpg

131.jpg

132.jpg

133.jpg

134.jpg

135.jpg

S

SecToR .7

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Nice build Jay.

Also, I was wondering what you thought of the Logitech G500? I've seen the reviews for it but haven't decided on which mouse I want for my build.

trtl

trtl

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
Sin$
Logitech have solid mice. I'm using a $20 wired Logitech and love it.

J

Jay

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
It looks even better now that I spent the past 4 days sleeving the cables with blue UV sleeving and put in a few more UV cathodes, LED's and blue cathodes underneath it... I'll update in a bit.

J

Jay

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Just finished setting my RAID 0 configuration... that was a learning experience of "oh **** where did my drives go?!?!... Oh I need to format them with partition manager so they'll appear in windows lulz"

So now It's:

128GB SSD for OS, programs, software, documents etc.

Drives in RAID 0 128k stripe size/128k cluster size: (Only shows up as 894GB in windows since it goes 3x lowest amount)
- 500GB
- 320GB
- 320GB

games, pics, videos, movies, media etc. go on the array.

I am going to freaking kill DirextX. It's throwing so many stupid errors at me:cursing:!

DxDiag said I have DX 11 on my system which is a big no no for the GT200's... Time to reformat this ***** for the 20th time and not touch DX updates lol.

J

Jay

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Mini update: Turned one of my GTX 260's into a paperweight lol. No bid deal since I knew it was nearing the end of it's life and Fermi is just around the corner. I think i'm going to buy two 470's since I want SLI and after doing the math my PSU just won't cut it for SLI 480's :frown:

Top Bottom
Login
Register