Java Tutorial?

Discussion in 'Programming & Scripting' started by DMF KoNviKT, Jul 13, 2009 with 5 replies and 262 views.

1. DMF KoNviKT

DMF KoNviKT Newbie

Ratings:
    I just started on JavaScript a couple nights ago and now have a good grasp on it due to an excellent tutorial. Tonight I just started to work on Java, yet I find it very hard to find a great tutorial on it. I even tried the tutorial from the java website, but it was pretty hard to understand. I know that Java isn't supposed to be really easy, but I really need someone to give me a great tutorial on learning Java.

This is the JavaScript tutorial I used. I really would like a tutorial that is similar to this one.

JavaScript Tutorial

And yes, I also know that Java needs a compiler, which I do have.

Thanks!

2. confused5

confused5 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I'll work on one for you. Java can be difficult to grasp for beginners but once you start to understand how it's structured learning it becomes a lot easier. Would you just like a basic introduction or a couple more i depth tutorials?

3. OP
    DMF KoNviKT

DMF KoNviKT Newbie

Ratings:
    I think I have a grasp on everything from the start to loops. The only reason I got that far is because of my JavaScript knowledge. Anything more advanced would make my head explode. So, confused, can you make me a tutorial on anything past the following tutorial I tried to follow? I have no clue on how to do anything that is not in that tutorial, since I do know that this is on the basics and nothing else.

Lesson: Language Basics (The Java Tutorials > Learning the Java Language)

4. confused5

confused5 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    It would probably be more practical for you to try to continue following the trail and then asking me questions based on a lesson you don't understand. I've gone through most of the lessons so I should be able to help you fairly easily

5. Amurka

Amurka Getting There

Ratings:
    Go to JavaBat and work on the easy ones there. It will really help you grasp the basic concepts. And if you need help with one of those it is very easy for someone to help.

6. dschu012

dschu012 Enthusiast

Ratings: