Solved Jasper with 17526 dash modding help

• Thread starter abishur
  • Start date
  • Views 3,163
A

abishur

Reaction score
Edit: Original Post at the bottom.

I wanted to update the original post for those who stumble on this thread while do a search for Jasper modding or Dashboard 17526 and can't be bothered to read to the end of a thread. Yes it can be done. If you are like me and have a hard time finding a working link to the various files to mod your xbox 360 from old tutorials then [Click here to view this link] with everything I needed to get the job done. PLEASE do not share this link outside this forum. The version of JRunner I have in this folder is updated to include all the latest dashboards as of 08/24/2018.

All I needed in the end was:
1) A Coolrunner Rev C
2) A JR Programmer v2
3) Soldering Iron (With precision tip)
4) Solder
5) Flux (Optional, but I feel like it helped, especially with those REALLY small solder points)

I relied heavily on these YouTube videos (The only spot I deviated was I used all the traditional solder points, and he used a couple of modified points)
Full RGH 1.2 Install Tutorial Part 1
Full RGH 1.2 Install Tutorial Part 2
Full RGH 1.2 Install Tutorial Part 3

Thank you to the members on this forum for your helpful answers! It was very cool to have everything load up and breath life back into a system that's been collecting dust on the shelf.

Original post follows
__________________________________________________________________​

I'm sorry to be that noob, but I'm looking to mod my Jasper that is already running the 17526 dash. I'd like to use the DemoN dual Nand device as part of my mod and have spent the past couple of days reading up on things but want to clear up a lingering question before I start gathering parts. I am very used to soldering and not worried about that aspect of it.

According to the "Xbox 360 Ultimate Exploit Guide" thread for my Jasper and dashboard revision I have to R-Jtag, but from comments I've seen floating around I only need to use RGH 1.2 and the Matrix v3 mod chip or Coolrunner v3. If I understand thing correctly, RGH 1.2 is a little easier to do, but a little slower on the initial boot and RJtag is a little harder but faster on the boot. Let me stop there, is this basic assumption of mine even correct any more?

Last edited:
A

abishur

Reaction score
Thanks, Newsk, that's a helpful guide! If I'm reading this right, it looks like I'd be best of with something like the CR3 lite, but that seems pretty hard to find. The Coolrunner Rev C and Matrix v3 seem pretty equal all things considered.

Is there any practical benefit to pushing through with the the R-JTAG method, anyways? Or are the conversations I've been reading discussing them simply outdated, lol.

N

Newsk

Contributor
Reaction score
Outdated. Rgh 1.2 came afterward ,boots the same, and requires less work . With rjtag u install both a rgh chip, plus jtag wiring .
You will want a coolrunner rev c or a matrix .

A

abishur

Reaction score
One last question and I think I've got enough to at least move forward with getting the RGH setup. I've seen talk about QSBs, and I get what they are, but do you find it worth it? I personally like the idea of the end result being a little more sturdy and clean looking (not that I'll be able to see it) than wiring directly to the board, but at the end of the day, am I really gaining that much by using them? (In my case with the Jasper they seem more optional than required)

N

Newsk

Contributor
Reaction score
No you definitely dont need them. Just a jrprogrammer v2(or nandX ) to read and write the nand and a rev c .

A

abishur

Reaction score
Just to follow up, using only the JR Programmer V2 and the Coolrunner Rev C and using these youtube videos as a guideline, I successfully made use of the RGH 1.2, thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I hope to upload the files I used to my google drive and provide a link to them later on for anyone who pulls up this thread later.

Top Bottom