What's new

Unsolved Jasper RGH 1.2 Freezes and wont boot any longer

rowdyalmonds

Reaction score
Hey folks,

Having a problem with my latest attempt at RGH. Using a matrix v1 without oscillator. Got the console to boot xell, punched in the CPU key and flashed the nand image. I got maybe 5 successful boots out of it before I started messing around with my various hard drives to see if I could be lazy and avoid setting up all the proper software to run aurora.

I previously had a falcon that worked great for a few days, froze, and promptly bricked. I'd done a good bit of legwork as far as software installs, so I thought I'd just try it out. First I plugged in a HD from another retail Jasper I had, it booted fine. Swapped it out for the 500gb HD I had in the falcon RGH before it bricked; no boot. removed the HD, it boots. Plugged the HD in while its still on, and it goes straight to aurora. all my files are still there and accessible.

Fired up a game, it worked fine for the main menu, and froze upon trying to load a level. Now the chip is not illuminating, and the console won't boot. turns on, no RROD, just nothing. DVD drive opens and closes. Is it possible I fried the chip through some kind of HD compatibility issue? any other thoughts?

rowdyalmonds

Reaction score
I'm not sure; I desoldered the wires for my JR programmer when I buttoned the thing back up; I haven't opened it since it froze last night. I ordered another matrix chip, so rolling the dice on the $12 I spent on it. I'll at least pull the old chip and see if it will flash when I open it. New chip will be here monday, so I'm a little reluctant to try any more motherboard soldering until it does.

Do you know if these matrix chips would ever fry over something like that, or am I being too optimistic?
Post automatically merged:

Also-- Does anyone know if I should be able to swap a HD I set up for another RGH seamlessly over to this new RGH?

Last edited:

rowdyalmonds

Reaction score
Flashed back to stock nand; instant RROD. Is this motherboard toast? or can I salvage it with a thermal paste repair?

Top Bottom