What's new
  • Howdy, Guest!

We have issued a forced password reset on all user accounts, meaning you will not be able to login until this process is complete. Instructions will be displayed when you login with your previous credentials, however if for any reason you do not have access to your associated email address, you will need to contact us at [email protected].

For more information, please read this Important Announcement

Thank you for being awesome!

Question Jasper/Kronos, Original NAND backup overwritten with XeLL NAND, still able to flash back to Retail / KV valid?

• Thread starter Noobnoob69
  • Start date
  • Views 1,934
N

Noobnoob69

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi all,

I just RGH 3 my Jasper/Kronos 360 and I did a "small" mistake.
Used a JRunner and Pico Flasher

To check if the wiring for the NAND flasher was ok, after I soldered the RGH wires, I read again the NAND,
without backing up the original file.
I already flashed XeLL so now I don't have a "clean" original NAND.
After I tried to use the backed up XeLL NAND tocreate a XeBuild Image I got error several messages "Warning naddump.bin"
has a bad LBA block" and it aborted creating the XeBuild Image.
The NAND itself has zero bad blocks.

I already saw and read the tutorial to create a "Donor" NAND.
I used the original CPU Keys, but KV SMC config and LDV I used the from the XeLL converted NAND Image
(LDV counter was in the JRunner Log)
and the SMC config from the XeLL NAND, too. (used JRunner extract files)

I was able to create the image successfully using the the create donor NAND option.
The console booted successfully and I was able to start a homebrew.

So how do I know, if the KV etc. from the XeLL converted NAND are valid / legit and/or not broken?
Is there a way to check it?
Is it possible to revert this console back to Retail with the files I currently have and use it to play online etc.? (Will probably stay as a RGH3 console forever, just want to know my options)

Thanks in advance

RedEyedJesus

RedEyedJesus

✯UK Console Seller/Old Timer/Legend✯
Experienced Veteran Services Free Hoster
Reaction score
Sin$
Hi all,

I just RGH 3 my Jasper/Kronos 360 and I did a "small" mistake.
Used a JRunner and Pico Flasher

To check if the wiring for the NAND flasher was ok, after I soldered the RGH wires, I read again the NAND,
without backing up the original file.
I already flashed XeLL so now I don't have a "clean" original NAND.
After I tried to use the backed up XeLL NAND tocreate a XeBuild Image I got error several messages "Warning naddump.bin"
has a bad LBA block" and it aborted creating the XeBuild Image.
The NAND itself has zero bad blocks.

I already saw and read the tutorial to create a "Donor" NAND.
I used the original CPU Keys, but KV SMC config and LDV I used the from the XeLL converted NAND Image
(LDV counter was in the JRunner Log)
and the SMC config from the XeLL NAND, too. (used JRunner extract files)

I was able to create the image successfully using the the create donor NAND option.
The console booted successfully and I was able to start a homebrew.

So how do I know, if the KV etc. from the XeLL converted NAND are valid / legit and/or not broken?
Is there a way to check it?
Is it possible to revert this console back to Retail with the files I currently have and use it to play online etc.? (Will probably stay as a RGH3 console forever, just want to know my options)

Thanks in advance

You should ALWAYS get at least 2 matching dumps prior to writing any ECC image. Write the nanddump1.bin back to console and remove your install.

N

Noobnoob69

Reaction score
Sin$
You should ALWAYS get at least 2 matching dumps prior to writing any ECC image. Write the nanddump1.bin back to console and remove your install.
I had 2 matching dumps.. the problem is, had....

I overwrote it with matching XeLL dumps and now I dont have any retail dumps anymore..

RedEyedJesus

RedEyedJesus

Reaction score
Sin$
I had 2 matching dumps.. the problem is, had....

I overwrote it with matching XeLL dumps and now I dont have any retail dumps anymore..

I don't understand how if you used JRunner?...

N

Noobnoob69

Reaction score
Sin$
I don't understand how if you used JRunner?...
I soldered the RGH wires and to make sure that my flasher wires were still ok, I ran "Read NAND" again.
Instead of making a backup of my original NAND, I accidently overwrote my original files.
(Simple user error...)

Know I want to know, if theoretically it would be possible to revert it to retail and/or if the KV is still valid / useable, because I don't have the original NAND and I had to use "Donor NAND" with the files extracted from the NAND with XeLL.

RedEyedJesus

RedEyedJesus

Reaction score
Sin$
I soldered the RGH wires and to make sure that my flasher wires were still ok, I ran "Read NAND" again.
Instead of making a backup of my original NAND, I accidently overwrote my original files.
(Simple user error...)

Know I want to know, if theoretically it would be possible to revert it to retail and/or if the KV is still valid / useable, because I don't have the original NAND and I had to use "Donor NAND" with the files extracted from the NAND with XeLL.

You could use a KV checker to check the KV. If its corrupt or banned it will error/tell you. If you need a KV i have plenty you can have one FOC.

N

Noobnoob69

Reaction score
Sin$
You could use a KV checker to check the KV. If its corrupt or banned it will error/tell you. If you need a KV i have plenty you can have one FOC.
Having a valid KV is not a problem, I have some "spare" 360s here, I just wanted to know if I burned one and if a Donor NAND with used files from XeLL NAND (SMC, LVD and KV) are as good as an original NAND.

xXBeefyDjXx

xXBeefyDjXx

Long time Sinner
Administrator
Hidden Devils
MotM 10th Anniversary Mr. Nice Guy
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Having a valid KV is not a problem, I have some "spare" 360s here, I just wanted to know if I burned one and if a Donor NAND with used files from XeLL NAND (SMC, LVD and KV) are as good as an original NAND.
As long as you have the LDV value and the KV you can rebuild with donor files. No need to worry :smile:

N

Noobnoob69

Reaction score
Sin$
As long as you have the LDV value and the KV you can rebuild with donor files. No need to worry :smile:
Ok,
but are the LDV value and KV still the same afrer flashing XeLL? normally they should be the same, so I should be able to extract both values from the NAND dump with XeLL?

I was not on the latest dash before applying XeLL (IIRC I was on 17150).
The Info I had, that it does not matter what dash I have, because I can update to the latest with JRunner.

Now I am reading that when a dash gets updated, the LDV value changes too?
I took the LDV value from the JRunner log (somewhere it told the LDV value). I hope it was the correct one...
Is there a way to recheck the LDV value and what happens, if it is a wrong one?

xXBeefyDjXx

xXBeefyDjXx

Long time Sinner
Administrator
Hidden Devils
MotM 10th Anniversary Mr. Nice Guy
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok,
but are the LDV value and KV still the same afrer flashing XeLL? normally they should be the same, so I should be able to extract both values from the NAND dump with XeLL?

I was not on the latest dash before applying XeLL (IIRC I was on 17150).
The Info I had, that it does not matter what dash I have, because I can update to the latest with JRunner.

Now I am reading that when a dash gets updated, the LDV value changes too?
I took the LDV value from the JRunner log (somewhere it told the LDV value). I hope it was the correct one...
Is there a way to recheck the LDV value and what happens, if it is a wrong one?
yes the console doesn't boot at all to dashboard if LDV is incorrectly set. HV throws a fit.
You can get LDV from Xell by counting the burnt fuses in the printout.

Writing Xell to ECC only replaces the initial bootloader, not the whole NAND layout.
Only some dashboards change LDV Value +1 when they update. Usually for major releases. Some Dashboards won't boot if LDV is lower/higher than a certain value either, but as long as you're not trying to downgrade that's nothing to worry about.

N

Noobnoob69

Reaction score
Sin$
yes the console doesn't boot at all to dashboard if LDV is incorrectly set. HV throws a fit.
You can get LDV from Xell by counting the burnt fuses in the printout.

Writing Xell to ECC only replaces the initial bootloader, not the whole NAND layout.
Only some dashboards change LDV Value +1 when they update. Usually for major releases. Some Dashboards won't boot if LDV is lower/higher than a certain value either, but as long as you're not trying to downgrade that's nothing to worry about.
So in theory, my Donor NAND I created using KV, LDV and SMC from my XeLL NAND is good / fine. If I every should decide to revert to RGH, I probably have to used the Donor NAND I created and revert it to retail with JRunner

That is good to know.

Thanks alot for your help :smile:

Top Bottom
Login
Register