What's new

Question Jasper Cpu input protection diode

E

explodingbat

Reaction score
Sin$
I have a jasper that I fried by enabling the cap on a coolrunner rev c. When I turn it on, it runs for a few seconds and then gets 3 red ring with a secondary code 0022. Most people say the only fix is swapping a different cpu onto the board. I have heard people in another thread (Pulled CPU_PLL_BYPASS and get 0022) mention that the cpu input protection diode is replaceable and that their was more info about on the teamx360 forum.

Unfortunately that sites closed and I've tried searching around for more info but cant find anything. I would like to hear if anyone has more info on whether the diode is replaceable without swapping the cpu or not. The cpu still heats up when powered on, but I think its fried because testing the pll point with a multimeter shows no resistance whereas a working motherboard shows some sort of resistance there. I also confirmed the pll resistor was working fine.

xXBeefyDjXx

xXBeefyDjXx

Long time Sinner
Administrator
Hidden Devils
MotM 10th Anniversary Mr. Nice Guy
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I have a jasper that I fried by enabling the cap on a coolrunner rev c. When I turn it on, it runs for a few seconds and then gets 3 red ring with a secondary code 0022. Most people say the only fix is swapping a different cpu onto the board. I have heard people in another thread (Pulled CPU_PLL_BYPASS and get 0022) mention that the cpu input protection diode is replaceable and that their was more info about on the teamx360 forum.

Unfortunately that sites closed and I've tried searching around for more info but cant find anything. I would like to hear if anyone has more info on whether the diode is replaceable without swapping the cpu or not. The cpu still heats up when powered on, but I think its fried because testing the pll point with a multimeter shows no resistance whereas a working motherboard shows some sort of resistance there. I also confirmed the pll resistor was working fine.
If you've pulled the pad it won't be able to make a connection at all.
Sometimes a quick google images search will still return the diagrams you need. Unfortunately I can't find much on the matter either and have just binned boards with this issue...

Top Bottom
Login
Register