CONTREKEE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hello, I am trying to get this Jasper BB 256mb to boot but can't
I am using a coolrunner rev c
The nand has no bad blocks
I selected glitch2, created an ecc file and wrote it to the console
I tried booting the console with about 30 different timing files, letting it glitch for a solid two minutes each
I have jp bridged, cap not bridged, 3 - 2 is bridged.
I have tried unbridging jp, bridging 1-2 and bridging cap with no such luck
When changing the timing files on the coolrunner, the blinking patterns don't change.

Pictures :
Video :

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks :smile:

EDIT ***
The coolrunner rev c chip was defective
Replaced it and now everything works fine
JP - Bridged
CAP - Not bridged
2-3 - Bridged
Switch set to PHAT

Last edited:
TheWeekendModder

TheWeekendModder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
What specific timing files have you tried?

What POST point are you using?

Can you post pics of your soldering to the points? We can see the chip in the video but that doesn't show us what the other end of the wires is connected to.

C

CONTREKEE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
What specific timing files have you tried?

What POST point are you using?

Can you post pics of your soldering to the points? We can see the chip in the video but that doesn't show us what the other end of the wires is connected to.
I have tried all of the timing files in
J-Runner v02 Beta (283) Core Pack\common\15432's timings\rgh 1.2\if_you_mad\matrix -- this ONE\xsvf - this one
I let each one go through about 10 cycles

I am using the post point FT6U1

There are pictures of the points above the video.
If those pictures aren't good enough I will try to take more tomorrow, but it is late as of now.

C

CONTREKEE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Forgot to mention that rewriting the original nand back onto the jasper, it still boots, even with the chip installed.

TheWeekendModder

TheWeekendModder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks, I didn't realize that was an album.

Your install looks pretty good, nothing is jumping out at me as an issue.

TheWeekendModder

TheWeekendModder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey so I spent some time and reviewed the pics pretty closely and can't spot anything that I really would believe to be an issue in regards to the soldering. That's also backed up by the fact that you say it boots retail when original nanddump is written back to it.
So, the only thoughts I have right now are guesses

Don't trust the ECC that you wrote - Precompiled ECC's are available in the Jrunner folder > common > ECC folder named "JASPER_CR4.ecc". Load that file as source and then click 'write ecc' to try not depending on jrunners "create ecc" function.

Newsk

Newsk

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
One other thing to try is bridging the cap pads on the rev c . That can make a huge difference on jaspers. I would just use file 21 for now from the if you mad folder .

C

CONTREKEE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey so I spent some time and reviewed the pics pretty closely and can't spot anything that I really would believe to be an issue in regards to the soldering. That's also backed up by the fact that you say it boots retail when original nanddump is written back to it.
So, the only thoughts I have right now are guesses

Don't trust the ECC that you wrote - Precompiled ECC's are available in the Jrunner folder > common > ECC folder named "JASPER_CR4.ecc". Load that file as source and then click 'write ecc' to try not depending on jrunners "create ecc" function.
One other thing to try is bridging the cap pads on the rev c . That can make a huge difference on jaspers. I would just use file 21 for now from the if you mad folder .

Okay, thank you for spending time trying to help me out. I will try both when I get back from work. Thanks :smile:

C

CONTREKEE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Sorry, just re-read my last and you'll want the "Jasper.ecc" file not "Jasper_CR4.ecc"
I have determined that the coolrunner rev c chip was defective.
I have Jasper_CR4.ecc on there right now and it boots fine. Will this be an issue later on down the road if I leave it on there?

TheWeekendModder

TheWeekendModder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm surprised the _CR4 didn't trip things up, since RGH1.2 typically requires non CR4 speedup glitch 2 ECC files and xebuild images.

But if it works, don't fix it I guess.

C

CONTREKEE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm surprised the _CR4 didn't trip things up, since RGH1.2 typically requires non CR4 speedup glitch 2 ECC files and xebuild images.

Haha, I switched it to JASPER.ecc and still works fine.
Thank you for the help! Much appreciated!

J

JoinTheResistance

Dead to the world, alive for the journey...
Reaction score
Sin$

The CR4 SMC and ECC only speedup the reset cycles and slow down the CPU if the appropriate signal is sent to DB2G3 (on a slim, can't remember the PHAT point), that's it. You can use it with any RGH type that requires a Glitch2 image and that means RGH2, RGH2+, RGH1.2 and S-RGH.

Top Bottom
Login
Register