What's new

Question Jasper 512mb Xbox 360 console not found in J-Runner v3.0.0b and J-R Programmer v2

• Thread starter mozbius
  • Start date
  • Views 9,531
M

mozbius

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi,

I am trying to run J-Runner v3.0.0b with a J-R Programmer v2 on a Jasper 512mb Xbox 360 console.
When I go to click on "Read Nand" I get :

Version: 10
Flash Config: 0x00000000
Console Not Found

jrunner.jpg

I double checked my soldering points even though they would not win a beauty pageant they are sound nonetheless.

IMG-2795.jpg

IMG-2796.jpg

IMG-2797.jpg

IMG-2799.jpg

IMG-2800.jpg

I have tested for continuity from the J-R Programmer board connector pins to the under the motherboard at the soldering points to make sure there's no break. I have rebooted my PC (done on a dual pc win7 64bit / win10 64bit and a win10 laptop) disconnected the motherboard from power then reconnect (not turning the xbox on) but I still get the same error message. I tried to play around with the switches on the device but that didn't change anything.

I am completely clueless as to what is going on. That programmer is brand new too. I am able to program a CoolRunner Rev C with it but for the life of me I can't detect the xbox.
IMG-2794.jpg

Last edited:
M

mozbius

Reaction score
Sin$
I resoldered everything and retested again continuity... looked for possible board cuts... or short cause by my soldering.... Still getting "no console found".

IMG-2808.jpg

IMG-2810.jpg

nothing special on the back...
IMG-2811.jpg

board looks a bit dirty... not sure why... but nothing appears off ...
IMG-2812.jpg
IMG-2815.jpg

Perhaps the programmer is faulty?

B

BluesMan67

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
In your third photo,it looks like your red and orange wires are touching each other.
De-solder ALL your wires again,clean up the nand points on your Jasper board so they are clean of any flux or carbon.
Trim the ends off all your nand wires and re-do them (tip-twist the small end of each wire between your thumb and first finger) then add flux to each end and re-tin the ends with fresh solder.
Add fresh flux to the nand points on the Jasper board and add a little bit more solder to each point (some times the middle of those holes don't have the factory applied solder going all the way through) so it's always a good idea to pre-tin those holes till you see solder coming through the bottom of the hole underneath the board.
With the "Yellow" wire,you can solder that to the metal shield of the HDD socket/port instead of the point on the board (as the factory applied solder in that hole takes a bit of heat to melt it)
Then make sure your nand read/write wires are pushed all the way into the JR-Programmer socket.Then plug in your 360's power cable so you have standby power but DO NOT power on your console,just leave it with standby power.
Re-launch J-Runner and press "F2" on your keyboard.Fingers crossed you should now get the correct "Flash Config" details in J-Runner.

M

mozbius

Reaction score
Sin$
Thank you for your feedback it is greatly appreciated.

I want to note that the 3rd picture is misleading as the 5th picture shows that they are really not in contact.
Also my solder work may not have been good looking but it was definitely sound (I did pre-tined every wire). Like I said I did test for continuity from under the circuit board at one end and the pins behind the connector on the programmer at the other end for each soldered nand points. That basically means that the connector is reliably making contact with the wires and the soldering points are sound.

That being said I feel am not losing anything trying again for a 3rd time as suggested. So this time I went all out for the perfect looking soldering that I have ever done on a circuit board. I did again test for conductivity from under the motherboard all the way up to the pins behind the programmer's connector. I have also tested for potential short between all nand points. I have also alternatively soldered the yellow wire on the HDD's connector metal case.... Then tried JRunner with the board (plugged to its power supply, NOT turned on) and I am still not getting the console to be seen.

NOTE: Not sure how significant that is but when I plug in the power (with the programmer NOT connected through USB) LD1 and LD2 quickly bleep (not full steady blinking just a barely noticeable bleep) before turning off completely. I posted a video of what it looks like.

Video of JR Programmer Bleep

Newsk

Newsk

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
to be sure you do have power supply plugged in when trying to read the nand? maybe post new pics of its current state.
also you can try resetting the jrp a few times when trying to get good flash properties. you can hit the little question mark next to motherboard in jrunner rather than read nand. try hitting the question mark , then restarting the jrp a few times and see if you get a flash config.

M

mozbius

Reaction score
Sin$
to be sure you do have power supply plugged in when trying to read the nand? maybe post new pics of its current state.
also you can try resetting the jrp a few times when trying to get good flash properties. you can hit the little question mark next to motherboard in jrunner rather than read nand. try hitting the question mark , then restarting the jrp a few times and see if you get a flash config.
Yes when I test with JR runner the power cable is plugged in (and I don’t turn the xbox on). For more context I followed that youtube video from MrMario2011...

I may have not mentioned it but yeah I also clicked the question mark under motherboard with the same error , I also did the resetting multiple times and they were times where the leds would look different resulting in JR Runner asking me to manually set the console version but finally ending up with that same error message.

Is it normal for both leds to flash for a fraction of a second when the power cable gets connected? As far as I could tell on other videos those leds should keep on flashing until the board gets connected to the PC. Mine doesn’t do that as seen in the youtube video I have made and posted here to demonstrate what I see.

I will try to send more pictures it is kind of hard to make great pictures that are not misleading where band soldering points may look to be shorting when they are not even to be in contact all because of the angle of the picture.

A

axlrose

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hi,

I am trying to run J-Runner v3.0.0b with a J-R Programmer v2 on a Jasper 512mb Xbox 360 console.
When I go to click on "Read Nand" I get :

Version: 10
Flash Config: 0x00000000
Console Not Found

jrunner.jpg

I double checked my soldering points even though they would not win a beauty pageant they are sound nonetheless.

IMG-2795.jpg

IMG-2796.jpg

IMG-2797.jpg

IMG-2799.jpg

IMG-2800.jpg

I have tested for continuity from the J-R Programmer board connector pins to the under the motherboard at the soldering points to make sure there's no break. I have rebooted my PC (done on a dual pc win7 64bit / win10 64bit and a win10 laptop) disconnected the motherboard from power then reconnect (not turning the xbox on) but I still get the same error message. I tried to play around with the switches on the device but that didn't change anything.

I am completely clueless as to what is going on. That programmer is brand new too. I am able to program a CoolRunner Rev C with it but for the life of me I can't detect the xbox.
IMG-2794.jpg
Post automatically merged:

Is it normal for both leds to flash for a fraction of a second when the power cable gets connected? As far as I could tell on other videos those leds should keep on flashing until the board gets connected to the PC. Mine doesn’t do that as seen in the youtube video I have made and posted here to demonstrate what I see.
I may have not mentioned it but yeah I also clicked the question mark under motherboard with the same error , I also did the resetting multiple times and they were times where the leds would look different resulting in JR Runner asking me to manually set the console version but finally ending up with that same error message.

I will try to send more pictures it is kind of hard to make great pictures that are not misleading where band soldering points may look to be shorting when they are not even to be in contact all because of the angle of the picture.

First update you jp programmer you must to see jp in jrunner , try with connected dvd drive and fan to read the nand because more voltage coming on smd caps you will burn you caps like on my motherboard

Last edited:
Lucky

Lucky

HYX's stamp of approval!
Super Moderators
Premium
Scaling the Mountain Beginning of An Odyssey Bright Idea
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$

My JRP quickly flashes both at plug in but then only shows one LED light up. I can't remember the color, I believe Green. When programming/writing/reading nand it will light both up I believe.
On JRunner, does the JRP logo come up near the CPU Key entry box? If yes, that's good. If no, let me know. I can help troubleshoot for you.
JRunner should be able to pull the info from the console, I wouldn't ever enter it manually. You've got a problem with your solder or the mobo itself.

First update you jp programmer you must to see jp in jrunner , try with connected dvd drive and fan to read the nand because more voltage coming on smd caps you will burn you caps like on my motherboard
You don't need to have the drive nor fans plugged in to read NAND. the console should not be powered on - no significant heat will be generated. The nand chip may get a touch warm, but not enough to be concerned of a fan.

Lucky

Lucky

HYX's stamp of approval!
Super Moderators
Premium
Scaling the Mountain Beginning of An Odyssey Bright Idea
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
on my console if not connected dvd burn 2 smd capacitors
That doesn't sound right. Sounds like incorrect power supply or maybe a short? I cant say it's happened to me to know for definite.

Top Bottom
Login
Register