Solved Jasper 250 mb + matrix v1 rgh1.2=infinite glitch

• Thread starter Paloalto
  • Start date
  • Views 2,501
P

Paloalto

Reaction score
Sin$
Hello. I tried to install a rgh 1.2 on a Jasper 250 mb using a Matrix v1. At boot there's no xell, the chip no signs of life and the central light on the power pad flashes for ever. I checked the welds and they seem ok. It's my second rgh, but the previous I run on a Falcon with coolrunner rev c and everything went well with excellent boot times. A few suggestions for me since my inexperience in this regard? Perhaps for Jasper or Matrix there is some care to be taken?

J

JoinTheResistance

Dead to the world, alive for the journey...
Reaction score
Sin$
Hello. I tried to install a rgh 1.2 on a Jasper 250 mb using a Matrix v1. At boot there's no xell, the chip no signs of life and the central light on the power pad flashes for ever. I checked the welds and they seem ok. It's my second rgh, but the previous I run on a Falcon with coolrunner rev c and everything went well with excellent boot times. A few suggestions for me since my inexperience in this regard? Perhaps for Jasper or Matrix there is some care to be taken?
Can you post pictures of your soldering?

P

Paloalto

Reaction score
Sin$
I've tried all the timing in the folder "try this first" but nothing happens. I have to try those in the folder if you mad?

J

JoinTheResistance

Reaction score
Sin$
I've tried all the timing in the folder "try this first" but nothing happens. I have to try those in the folder if you mad?
1. Is there even an LED on that board?
2. Did it come with double sided tape pre-applied on the bottom?

P

Paloalto

Reaction score
Sin$
There's a blu led that flash when i program the chip. Yes there's a double sided tape. With some timing the fan speed up when i turn off the console for about 10 seconds.

J

JoinTheResistance

Reaction score
Sin$
Yes there's a double sided tape.
But was it already attached onto the board when you got it? If it was, you probably got one of the ones that have the actual glitch chip on the bottom. I've never really tried one, but it's possible that they are just crap. Do you have another chip you can try? Either that or re-do your soldering, though I don't thing that's the issue.

P

Paloalto

Reaction score
Sin$
with coolrunner the chip has turned on the red light and the green light flashes when i turn on the console, but no xell. I have to set something on chip (jamper or similar)? With the Falcon I left everything as it arrived and I had no problems.

Newsk

Newsk

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
just bridge the cap pads on the coolrunner being its a jasper. if you need a pic of the pads let me know.

edit heres a pic http://i.imgur.com/ZZjTRLj.jpg?1
I suggest you use file 21 as well . usually gives best results.
ZZjTRLj.jpg

P

Paloalto

Reaction score
Sin$
I changed cable path and the chip has done its duty. But now, since it's a hobby, I would like to understand why it is so important the routing of cables and why making a path the chip does not work and making another yes. Now I'm looking for the right timing, though sometimes a timing works almost instantly, sometimes he struggles to make the glitch and does not work.
The matrix has the led only flashes when performing glitch, I discovered.

Newsk

Newsk

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
interference/ noise is why. also solder connections are important due to resistance. its a timing attack and needs to be very precise!! 15432's many timing files allow for more variance and is why less experienced solderers can still get consoles to boot.

P

Paloalto

Reaction score
Sin$
Unfortunately no one has told me to change the route of the cables looking at my photos. I had an intuition, and I changed following the same pattern of a falcon that I hacked before. Shorten the cables would help to decrease boot times?

Newsk

Newsk

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
its all about experimentation with lengths / routes and files and what works best for you. That is half the fun.(for me anyways). Just avoid the no go areas where coils can interfere.

P

Paloalto

Reaction score
Sin$
Ok. I'll try tomorrow. thank you. let you know the results. Could you post a picture of the areas where you do not route the cables?

J

JoinTheResistance

Reaction score
Sin$
P

Paloalto

Reaction score
Sin$
I've used Matrix After fixing the wire routing and it's ok and works. I have to try to shorten the cables to get the best boot time and not random boot.

Last edited:
Top Bottom
Login
Register