What's new

Discussion January's Xbox Preview Program Update: See who's in a party, gamerscore leaderboards, and more

ddxcb

ddxcb

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm just glad they fix the stereo adapter bug when the xbox was not receiving a hdmi input, that the headset go static and can not talk back to people in chat.

That was a problem ever since NOXE came out. So glad they fix that.

Saturday Night

Saturday Night

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
So what's new with moving the pins around? It's the same as it's been for months(Move to Front)? What's so new about a feature that was already there?

I know it's been there as I've been arranging my tiles for months(I always bump my apps to the front of the list).

Spooze

Spooze

Xbox Achievement Whore
Retired
Mythical Veteran Fabled Veteran Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
So what's new with moving the pins around? It's the same as it's been for months(Move to Front)? What's so new about a feature that was already there?

I know it's been there as I've been arranging my tiles for months(I always bump my apps to the front of the list).
I don't think this feature has been implemented yet. I'm guessing you'll just be able to move it to a specific spot, instead of just adding it to front.

Ryan

Ryan

Retired
Retired
Scaling the Mountain Santa's Helper Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
I received this update earlier in the week & the best part about this is being able to see who's in an Xbox Live Party before joining, I always found that irritating beforehand. As for changing the pins on Home, I haven't even tried to do that yet. One thing though, I still haven't came across the gamerscore leaderboard? Despite searching in the relevant places for it.

Overall a successful update in my opinion. :thumbsup:

Spooze

Spooze

Xbox Achievement Whore
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I received this update earlier in the week & the best part about this is being able to see who's in an Xbox Live Party before joining, I always found that irritating beforehand. As for changing the pins on Home, I haven't even tried to do that yet. One thing though, I still haven't came across the gamerscore leaderboard? Despite searching in the relevant places for it.

Overall a successful update in my opinion. :thumbsup:
It seems like the rearranging pins and the gamerscore leaderboard isn't in this build yet.

CallOfTheft

CallOfTheft

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Could someone send me a Xbox One Preview invite? Gt: CallOfTheft13

Saturday Night

Saturday Night

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't think this feature has been implemented yet. I'm guessing you'll just be able to move it to a specific spot, instead of just adding it to front.

Ya I kinda figured. I was talking with someone and they were thinking the same. It would be a lot faster than "moving to front" with everything just to get it where I like it.

NDO2

NDO2

I<3CR4s
Reaction score
Sin$
Did they remove screenshots and recording clips by double tap home button and hit x or y it's not there anymore?

Zero

Zero

Vox Populi Vox Dei
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I wish I could get into the preview program ;-;

Spooze

Spooze

Xbox Achievement Whore
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Did they remove screenshots and recording clips by double tap home button and hit x or y it's not there anymore?
Nope, I still have it.

I wish I could get into the preview program ;-;
Send me your Gamertag and I'll invite you. Not sure if it still works, but I can still do it.

Zero

Zero

Vox Populi Vox Dei
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Nope, I still have it.

Send me your Gamertag and I'll invite you. Not sure if it still works, but I can still do it.
Thanks, but I can't join it because I got banned back in 2013 and I'm permanently not allowed to participate.

Spooze

Spooze

Xbox Achievement Whore
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks, but I can't join it because I got banned back in 2013 and I'm permanently not allowed to participate.
Why not just use a second account for the Preview Program?

Scare Croe

Scare Croe

Premium
Premium
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
But when will Cortana be available to the preview members on Xbox One?

Spooze

Spooze

Xbox Achievement Whore
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Here's a preview of what moving pins will look like.
*This feature is not available at the moment, but will be soon.

Spooze

Spooze

Xbox Achievement Whore
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
The second part of the update came out!

Some people on /r/xboxone have found some new things.

• Gamerscore Leaderboards (found in your Profile)
  • Being able to move pins around and have Offline pins: Move pins: Freely move their pins along the grid. Either hitting “Move” from context menu invokes this, or hitting “Y” on a pin. “B” or “Y” drops the pin, exits move. Any navigation outside of Home twist or app cancels the move operation.
  • Offline available pins: Users are able to launch pins while offline – move and unpin/pinning operation is only available while online.
Also with those known features, these are different:

"I've noticed that in party chat that each person's squaker (the circle around the icon that moves when they talk) is now their chosen colour and not yours which looks better imo.

The game hub icon has changed when you press menu on a game.

The comparing game achievements in the game hub has been updated to look like the new leaderboards and has gold, silver and bronze icons and bars. Looks a lot nicer imo.

when clicking on a friend on the friend list it now has their gamer pic in a box as their selected colour. I don't think that was in last preview either."

Saturday Night

Saturday Night

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
This update is nice. Only issue is that it made Gems of War unplayable, it just boots up a big white square with a really pixalated question mark.

But back OT, I've noticed the side bar pops up faster along with other UI options.

Top Bottom
Login
Register