What's new

Discussion Jailbroken Switch go online

P

Prankly

Reaction score
Sin$
I’m thinking of buying and jaibreaking a Nintendo Switch, but I heard that modding the console makes you unable to connect to online servers. Is there a way to play legit/bought games online if jailbroken without getting banned? Thanks

I

IwearHelmet4Bed

Getting There
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
I wouldn’t bother going online with it, heard of a lot of people being banned.

HYX

HYX

Administrator
Administrator
Lifetime
Hidden Devils
Scaling the Mountain Programmer Odysseus' Summit
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I’m thinking of buying and jaibreaking a Nintendo Switch, but I heard that modding the console makes you unable to connect to online servers. Is there a way to play legit/bought games online if jailbroken without getting banned? Thanks
You will more than likely get banned and when you do... they don't go easy on you! If your Nintendo account has a ban I believe from other people that when you purchase another switch if you do then it will be banned as well. Creating a never-ending chain of bans. If you do jailbreak it simply do it to a spare console with it also being offline.

BuFu_EVO

BuFu_EVO

You know what BuFu stands for
Reaction score
Sin$
I never even attempted to try online but upon loading wwe 2k18 I was prompt with a message about some services being unavailable bla bla tbh I got a switch for local play and emulation anyway.

Edit: game play and Nintendo store not affected

P

Prankly

Reaction score
Sin$
I know playing pirated games will most probably get you banned, but I wondered if I could still play genuine/legit games online

BuFu_EVO

BuFu_EVO

Reaction score
Sin$
I know playing pirated games will most probably get you banned, but I wondered if I could still play genuine/legit games online
Don't attempt an Internet connection at all if on cfw ban can and will happen

BuFu_EVO

BuFu_EVO

Reaction score
Sin$
Oh really? where can i find it? And for which Version?
Sx pro
Works with any Nintendo fw as for hardware not sure if Nintendo have yet released newer models with the hardware fix, homebrew is easy to find on Google also

Oh really? where can i find it? And for which Version?
sx.xecuter.com

BuFu_EVO

BuFu_EVO

Reaction score
Sin$
BuFu_EVO BuFu_EVO can you tell me a good site for roms? here or pm please. Thanks
Most common ones have been taken down I have a huge collection on old laptop still so I don't need to find em I'd recommend a no intro set, best to search for a torrent but check the research any torrent etc before downloading obviously

Smoggie

Smoggie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
if i do this to my switch but change my mind and erase it if i wish to go legit and use it online in the future, would that be possible? or would they detect that i've had it jailbroken in the past? Thanks

Banned

Banned

But am I ?????
Mr. Nice Guy Mythical Veteran 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
if i do this to my switch but change my mind and erase it if i wish to go legit and use it online in the future, would that be possible? or would they detect that i've had it jailbroken in the past? Thanks
There is no current way to remove the files or revert to original state.

K

KrOnIcTrIpY_420

Reaction score
Sin$
And for playing games online the reason y u can't play pirated game online is because when u insert a game cart in the switch the switch reads the game and a licence integrated in the game cart, so when ur online Nintendo can see ur console Id then the nintendo server checks ur Nintendo for the license integrated in the game cart when it finds it ur good for legit games, so u can play legit games online with a modded switch. Most likely when people get ban they r trying to play pirated games online so meaning that they got the game from a game dump from, online trimmed without the license for the game meaning game can go online but as soon as it does the system get banned from Nintendo servers for not having the license for the game.
Glad I could help the this problem

Oh and no way to revert when u turn ur switch on don't put in rcm mode and inject payload into switch just turn in on normally

Top Bottom
Login
Register