What's new

Question Jailbroken iPad on iOS 4.2.1 stuck at boot logo

P

PurpKush

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
The other day, I updated a few applications in Cydia, which ended up requiring a device reboot. After I had performed a tethered reboot with redsn0w, I was (and continue to be) unable to get past the boot logo.

I have some really important stuff, such as unfinished school work, that I cannot afford to lose, so performing a restore has to be a last resort. I have tried SSHing in order to kill the watchdog process, but that has been completely unsuccessful, even with iPhoneBrowser, which will not even recognize that my iPad is connected.

I am willing to try almost anything at this point. If anyone has any other suggestions on what to try doing, I would greatly appreciate it.

Operating System
  1. iOS
FauxAffliction

FauxAffliction

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I didn't think of that before, but I tried right now, and TinyUmbrella didn't recognize that my iPad was connected just like with iPhoneBrowser.

Thanks for the tip though, +rep.
If you haven't got it yet I will gladly do everything I can via teamviewer. If you would like. I get of work at 3 pm CST and will probably be home by 4. I work on every type of system at work and am pretty experienced with apple products. Let me know :smile:

JonnyLee1

TGZ x HOST v1

Enthusiast
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
The other day, I updated a few applications in Cydia, which ended up requiring a device reboot. After I had performed a tethered reboot with redsn0w, I was (and continue to be) unable to get past the boot logo.

I have some really important stuff, such as unfinished school work, that I cannot afford to lose, so performing a restore has to be a last resort. I have tried SSHing in order to kill the watchdog process, but that has been completely unsuccessful, even with iPhoneBrowser, which will not even recognize that my iPad is connected.

I am willing to try almost anything at this point. If anyone has any other suggestions on what to try doing, I would greatly appreciate it.
Check the Jailbreak post in my Sig to fix this. Its very simple just do the jailbreak again

P

PurpKush

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If you haven't got it yet I will gladly do everything I can via teamviewer. If you would like. I get of work at 3 pm CST and will probably be home by 4. I work on every type of system at work and am pretty experienced with apple products. Let me know :smile:

That would be great, my AIM's in my profile. Thanks! :smile:

Check the Jailbreak post in my Sig to fix this. Its very simple just do the jailbreak again

I don't see how this would help me since my priority in this situation is to prevent losing the important data I have on my iPad (school work and such).

Top Bottom
Login
Register