Jailbreaking iPhone 3G running 2.2

Discussion in 'Apple iOS' started by Light Angel3877, Nov 29, 2008 with 4 replies and 874 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Light Angel3877

Light Angel3877 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    So, just have gotten tired of this iPhone background and limitations, and I want to make it my own. I'm thinking about [Click here to view the link] theme, and so I want to jailbreak it. I tried using QuickPwn to jailbreak it, and it worked just fine, except it would crash anytime I tried to load the phone application. Anyone have a tutorial for a non-hacker person? Laymens terms would be greatly appreciated. Ha ha. My phone is a 3G and is running version 2.2 (5G77).
    Thanks.

Edit: I don't need to unlock it or anything because I'm on AT&T and don't need any changes other than to be able to add third-party apps.

2. punkskater2448

punkskater2448 Taking Over The World Retired

Ratings:
    Download this link.

Code:
    http://www.zshare.net/download/51721230fe4b9459/

Follow the on screen tut. All you have to do is hold down a couple of buttons when it says to. It is as easy as that. If it keeps crashing chances are you didn't jailbreak it right.

3. halomaster369

halomaster369 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    can unlock a iphone 3g 2.2???

4. heytheree

heytheree Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Just use QuickPwn. But make sure you do a fresh restore (don't restore from backup before) before you jailbreak it.

5. gilliandboy

gilliandboy Se7en Psycho

Ratings:
    Talk to me on AIM I can help you out.

AIM: A Blind Mail Man

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.