Jailbreaking a Crime

Discussion in 'Apple iOS' started by Altec6, Feb 19, 2009 with 12 replies and 481 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Altec6

Altec6 Premium Premium

Ratings:
  2. JoeMal

JoeMal Retired Retired

Ratings:
    Yeah yeah, cry cry

Not much they can do about it IMO...it's not like their software is the first to get pirated..

3. Forgoten Dynasty

Forgoten Dynasty Free Sosa #bangbang Premium

Ratings:
    Its not being pirated apple lets you download it for free threw itunes. its altering it that is the problem witch imo i paid 400 bucks for it i can do what ever i dam please. now i can see if they said installing cracked apps is illegal that makes scence but what is the harm in me changing my theme or putting 5 icons on my dock.

Im not going to lie apple completely missed ipod touches in their case. Heres the ammendment to the DMCA
    EDIT: Its actually been confirmed that the ipod touch is legal because this is only in reference to cellular devices :smile:
    Maybe if the Dev team is afraid of jailbreaking iphones from now on they will forget about preserving the iphone exploit and release the untethered version of the ipod touch 2G

4. Destiny

Destiny #ZxathCheated #NeverForget Retired

Ratings:
    amen to that brother

5. Eazy B

Eazy B Getting There

Ratings:
    Correct me if im wrong, but Pwnage Tool ( what apple is attacking) is not open source software correct? So how does apple know that it is infringing copyright, they must be reverse engineering that in the first place ( infringing the dev teams copyright). Apple's evidence would be inadmissable i think, leaving them with little argument.

6. Haxalot88

Haxalot88 VIP VIP

Ratings:

Under their TOS, you cannot modify the Iphone software or updates.... Which Pwnage Tool does all-too-well.

7. Eazy B

Eazy B Getting There

Ratings:
    True, but they stated in their press thing that they were citing it downloading a pirated version, which i dont think it states, so how would they know what its doing under the hood?

8. Saiyan

Saiyan Senior Member

Ratings:
    Apple can ***** all they wan't, any no court will hold that jailbreaking an item is illegal, apple is just a money grubbing company that wants all they can get.

9. Krafty

Krafty I ♥ asian women VIP Retired

Ratings:
    Apple didn't really care until the App Store launched, and of course, Installous/Crackulous can get most if not all those apps for you for free.

10. mexkan

mexkan Shoot the J! Premium

Ratings:
    saw this on G4 and had a little chuckle... they cant do anything about it. just like modding xbox live isnt illegal but they just ban u....

11. hoss halo3 modder

hoss halo3 modder Enthusiast

Ratings:
    amen

12. I Am Cornholio

I Am Cornholio Enthusiast

Ratings:
    They are gunna go from house to house checking everyones iPhones and iTouches :biggrin:

13. hoss halo3 modder

hoss halo3 modder Enthusiast

Ratings:
    lol probly they just want money

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.