Jailbreak upgrade 3.0 to 3.1.2

Discussion in 'Apple iOS' started by UKmonkey, Feb 4, 2010 with 5 replies and 381 views.

1. UKmonkey

UKmonkey Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I'm still on 3.0 from back in August and I want to know if there is a way to upgrade my iTouch without having to download all my apps and reconfigure everything back to the way it was. To my understanding, if you upgrade it erases all content including jailbroken things I just want to avoid that. Thanks in advance.

2. NewMod

NewMod Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Back up your ipod then restore/upgrade. I think this works

3. OP
    UKmonkey

UKmonkey Enthusiast

Ratings:
    iTunes won't backup my jailbroken apps and settings.

4. Jerry

Jerry #StraightCisPride Retired

Ratings:
    There's no way to save jailbroken apps if you're upgrading firmware I think...

I backed up mine and restored it and I lost ALL my jailbroken stuff.

I'm still on 2.2.1 because I'm too cheap to buy an iTunes gift card :cool:

5. Cheez

Cheez I Got The Wizard Stick Retired

Ratings:
    There is an app in Cydia called AptBackup I believe, it moves all the .deb files of the apps you have downloaded to a Portion of the iPod that will not be restored. After you upgrade and Jailbreak again, download AptBackup again and choose restore and it will reinstall all of your apps.

6. Forgoten Dynasty

Forgoten Dynasty Free Sosa #bangbang

Ratings:
    .deb's get deleted upon install. All it does is create an array of strings in a file that gets backed up that has the file name and repository you downloaded it from. Its not 100%. Its basically the same thing taht rock has built into it except rock saves them to a server instead of you PC.