What's new

Jailbreak Scam Warning

I

inb4

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
A new website is making headlines in Google News today when you search for an untethered jailbreak on iOS 5. This website is supposedly able to jailbreak your iDevice, but they are charging $24.99 for it.

Within hours of it's release, a member of the iPhone Dev Team posted on Twitter saying that it was a scam, and that jailbreak tools will never cost money. So for all you people out there who are eager to get iOS 5 Untethered, just be patient. Always think before buying something off of a website.

I have to give them credit though. The site does look very legitimate, and I can imagine a lot of people have already been fooled by it.

Here's the link for all you guys who want to see it. Remember, it's a scam. http://fastunlockiphone.com/

Be safe guys.

Josef Stalin

Josef Stalin

Retired
Retired
MotM Stickied
Reaction score
Sin$
There are lots of fake tools out there, this is nothing new.

People just have to think clearly and only download files for actual developers for free.

And you basically pay for a virus

I

inb4

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
There are lots of fake tools out there, this is nothing new.

People just have to think clearly and only download files for actual developers for free.

And you basically pay for a virus

I don't think this is a virus as much as it's a useless file on your computer that you payed for.

Top Bottom
Login
Register