What's new

Question Jailbreak iOS 9.1?

Squats

Squats

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
hey guys I read that there's a jailbreak for iOS 9.1? It it true?!

I'm debating on going to iOS 9.2 if not.

All help is welcomed thanks!!

Operating System
  1. iOS
Aghast

Aghast

Retired
Retired
TotM Stickied Beginning of An Odyssey
Reaction score
Sin$
If there was a jailbreak then it would be everywhere. Currently there is no jailbreak but it is possible that it can happen.

Tabuu

Tabuu

VIP
VIP
MotM Bright Idea 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
If there was a jailbreak then it would be everywhere. Currently there is no jailbreak but it is possible that it can happen.
Read that TaiG had one for it on safari.. Didn't believe it
Nah it's not a jailbreak. I believe it was something along the lines of the same company that put up a bounty for a jailbreak also put up a bounty for safari based remote exploit installation. I'm not sure where you read it, but it's not out. If there was a jailbreak that worked only on 9.1, it likely would have been released right around when 9.2 was seeded. Last I heard they are in the final stages of finishing up the jailbreak.

mexkan

mexkan

Shoot the J!
Premium
Hardened Veteran Fabled Veteran Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
I have 8.4. Apparently there's a JB for it. Is it more stable, does it involve downgrading iTunes an such? I've just never had luck doing the downgrade.

Tabuu

Tabuu

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
I have 8.4. Apparently there's a JB for it. Is it more stable, does it involve downgrading iTunes an such? I've just never had luck doing the downgrade.
Check the pinned jailbreaking tools thread. I believe that's the one that requires an older version of iTunes. All you have to do is go to a site that hosts the older versions of iTunes. Then uninstall the newer version, install the older version, and ignore the prompts to update.

mexkan

mexkan

Shoot the J!
Premium
Reaction score
Sin$
Check the pinned jailbreaking tools thread. I believe that's the one that requires an older version of iTunes. All you have to do is go to a site that hosts the older versions of iTunes. Then uninstall the newer version, install the older version, and ignore the prompts to update.
I have tried to twice and it seems like I never have luck with it working. Thanks I was thinking maybe after so much time someone may have made something easier.

Tabuu

Tabuu

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
I have tried to twice and it seems like I never have luck with it working. Thanks I was thinking maybe after so much time someone may have made something easier.
Ya, unfortunately not. It took me a couple tries to get that jailbreak working as well. You'll get it eventually, don't worry.

mexkan

mexkan

Shoot the J!
Premium
Reaction score
Sin$
Ya, unfortunately not. It took me a couple tries to get that jailbreak working as well. You'll get it eventually, don't worry.
Yeah but it's an 8gig 5c, after having a years worth of crap on it, it's almost not worth it due to the lack of memory I have on it. I want to upgrade but it seems like most deals with sprint (who I have) is just a rip off.

Tabuu

Tabuu

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah but it's an 8gig 5c, after having a years worth of crap on it, it's almost not worth it due to the lack of memory I have on it. I want to upgrade but it seems like most deals with sprint (who I have) is just a rip off.
Ya honestly at that point it's really not worth your time. Have you thought about saving up and buying a sprint locked iPhone off eBay then reconfiguring your plan? Most carriers (I'm speaking from experience with Verizon since that's who I have) will reduce the cost of your bill if you provide your own hardware, so you would be saving money in the long run.

Harmonic

Harmonic

Work Hard, Dream Big
Reaction score
Sin$
No, it is most likely one of those tools where you start to 'jailbreak' and it completely bombards your PC with viruses and adware, I'd steer clear of it for now.

Top Bottom
Login
Register