Jailbreak 3.1.3 - RedSn0w 0.9 Beta4 Leaked

Discussion in 'Apple iOS' started by Cheez, Feb 5, 2010 with 10 replies and 2,416 views.

1. Cheez

Cheez I Got The Wizard Stick Retired

Ratings:
    [TUT] Jailbreak 3.1.3 - RedSn0w 0.9 Beta4 Leaked

This download is not available on RedSn0w's website, this is from a leaked source.

Windows:

RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

MAC:

RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

TUTORIAL

NOTE: DO NOT upgrade to 3.1.3. If you are on 3.1.2 stay there, 3.1.3 is identical to 3.1.2! The only reason 3.1.3 was released was to try and stop Jailbreakers.

This tutorial is for people that accidentally upgraded to 3.1.3, or people that have upgraded before knowing what Jailbreaking was. I repeat, if you are 3.1.2 or under, DO NOT upgrade to 3.1.3.

This tutorial should only be used if you have the following devices on Firmware 3.1.3.

- iPhone 2g
    - iPhone 3G
    - iPod Touch 1G
    - iPod Touch 2G (For Pre-MC Models ONLY)

Check your iPod serial number, and if it starts with MC, DO NOT use this method.

If your Firmware is 3.1.2 or under, this method will work with all devices.

1. Read all the text above. If you fail to read the instructions above, and you completely mess up your iPod or iPhone, it's your own fault.

2. If you are on 3.1.3, Restore it so you have a clean iPod to work with.

If you are on 3.1.2 or lower, do not Restore. After Apple releases a new Firmware, they quit signing older Firmware. So if you try to Restore, you will be forced to upgrade to 3.1.3.

3. Download Firmware 3.1.2 for your device if you do not already have it. Firmware upgrades should be located in...

C:\Users\*Your User Name*\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPod Software Updates

If you do not have it, you can download every Firmware Version for every device here...

iPod and iPhone Firmware Download

4. Open RedSn0w 0.9 Beta4, and you should be greeted with this Window.
    [​IMG]

5a. Click "Browse" and search for your iPod/iPhone Firmware. In my case, I am Jailbreaking an iPod Touch 2G.
    [​IMG]

5b. This is just a note for the users that are confused right now. Yes, to Jailbreak 3.1.3 you must use 3.1.2 Firmware.

6. This is only for iPod Touch 2G users. After you choose your Firmware, you will be greeted with this Window.
    [​IMG]

Please check your Serial number, and if it begins with MC you cannot do this Jailbreak. If you are on Firmware 3.1.2 or lower, all devices are compatible, buty if you upgraded to 3.1.3 you iPod Touch MC users are out of luck for right now.

7. Choose what you want installed on your iPod/iPhone.
    [​IMG]

Cydia - Installs Cydia
    Verbose Boot - Allows you to view the strings being ran while your device boots.
    Custom Boot Logo - Allows you to replace the boot Apple
    Custom Recovery Logo - Allows you to replace the Apple recovery logo
    Already Pwned - If you are already Jailbroken, and just want to change your Logo use this setting.

8. Press "Next", and turn off your Device.
    [​IMG]

9. Press "Next" and follow the on screen instructions. After than, your devices screen should turn white and the Jailbreak will begin, it usually takes about 3 minutes.

2. Jerry

Jerry #StraightCisPride Retired

Ratings:
    As soon as I download the new firmware, I'll give it a try :wink:

3. dEku

dEku Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    So there is nothing special about 3.1.3?

Figured.. -.-

4. Kentucky69

Kentucky69 Newbie

Ratings:
    Will this delete my music on the iphone?

5. I MIKE C I

I MIKE C I Getting There

Ratings:
    no

6. CaspeR11589

CaspeR11589 Newbie

Ratings:
    im having a problem with this i downloaded the 2nd gen 3.1.2 firmware from that link and used it to do the prossess and now it just makes my ipod turn blank wont even turn on and the program screen it says "Please wait while your device is being processed." "Waiting for reboot" and just stays there forever ive currently waited 20 minutes...help please?

7. Zarile3

Zarile3 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I wouldn't download any leaked version of Jailbreaking software, there have been "leaked" copies before that brick phones and ipods....just wait for the official release.

8. OP
    Cheez

Ratings:
    Leaked and official are the same thing. I am LEAKING the OFFICIAL RedSn0w.

This program worked great for me on 3 different iPods.

9. controler12

controler12 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    does this make the new 3g touches untethered?

10. OP
    Cheez

Ratings:
    No, anything 2G MC and up are still tethered.

11. Hostile.

Hostile. Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I have a 3g iPod touch on that came with 3.1.3 so would this be able to jailbreak it, even if it is tethered? I need some help. I'm very confused.