What's new

Jailbreak 3.1.2 - 4.0.1 (iPhone 4 included)

• Thread starter Forgoten Dynasty
  • Start date
  • Views 1,314
Forgoten Dynasty

Forgoten Dynasty

Free Sosa #bangbang
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Information:
As of 8/1/10 this is the most efficient way to jailbreak your iDevice.

This will support all devices on firmware 3.1.2 - 4.0.
Since the exploit is done in userland it will be an untethered jailbreak.
  • iPod 1G on 3.1.2
  • iPod 1G on 3.1.3
  • iPod 2G on 3.1.2
  • iPod 2G on 3.1.3
  • iPod 2G on 4.0
  • iPod 3G on 3.1.2
  • iPod 3G on 3.1.3
  • iPod 3G on 4.0
  • iPad on 3.2
  • iPad on 3.2.1
  • iPhone 3G on 3.1.2
  • iPhone 3G on 3.1.3
  • iPhone 3G on 4.0
  • iPhone 3G on 4.0.1
  • iPhone 3G on 3.1.2[*]iPhone 3G on 3.1.3[*]iPhone 3G on 4.0[*]iPhone 3G on 4.0.1[*]iPhone 4 on 4.0[*]iPhone 4 on 4.0.1

I would suggest backing up your current settings in itunes before proceeding by plugging in your device and right clicking on it and going to back up.

Jailbreaking:

1) On your iPhone/iPod touch/ iPad go to
Code:
Jailbreakme.com

Your safari window should look like this.
4795ce20.jpg

2) simply slide to jailbreak.

Know issues:

1)
If you are on a currently jailbroken device and you try upgrade to this exploit (untethered) you will receive the fallowing error.

301a811b.jpg
You must restore to stock firmware before jailbreaking.

2) Many users have reported face time issues as well as MMS. There are fixes to this and these packages will become more available later.

Vindicates

Vindicates

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
Sin$
its that easy!? umm I don't want it to break lol

Marino HD

Marino HD

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
The servers are apparently under massive traffic right now.
I did the steps for this as I saw it off CNET, when I do the "slide to jailbreak" it just stops and does nothing so it looks like there's a lot of people at the moment having fun with this.

BTW, I think you put the wrong picture for when you were showing an error about what would happen if you tried to use this with an already jailbroken device.

Forgoten Dynasty

Forgoten Dynasty

Free Sosa #bangbang
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
its that easy!? umm I don't want it to break lol

Yes its that easy. Don't worry its impossible to brick your phone/ipod/ipad. However i would still suggest backing up before hand incase you have to restore.
The servers are apparently under massive traffic right now.
I did the steps for this as I saw it off CNET, when I do the "slide to jailbreak" it just stops and does nothing so it looks like there's a lot of people at the moment having fun with this.

BTW, I think you put the wrong picture for when you were showing an error about what would happen if you tried to use this with an already jailbroken device.

Yeah ik I noticed that right after i posted.
thanks tho :tongue:

Marino HD

Marino HD

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
When I try it, nothing happens.
It just shows a blank page with the jailbreakme.com background and if I try to go back or reload the page, it gives me that error picture above, I'm not sure why.

Forgoten Dynasty

Forgoten Dynasty

Free Sosa #bangbang
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
When I try it, nothing happens.
It just shows a blank page with the jailbreakme.com background and if I try to go back or reload the page, it gives me that error picture above, I'm not sure why.

probably because of server overload try again later.

ConsoleHackers

ConsoleHackers

Member Since 2010
Forum Addict Legendary Veteran Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I am really hoping that the spirit jailbreak will be out soon. I think it's the best along with this one on how easy they are.

Forgoten Dynasty

Forgoten Dynasty

Free Sosa #bangbang
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I am really hoping that the spirit jailbreak will be out soon. I think it's the best along with this one on how easy they are.

Why would they release a spirit jailbreak after they just released a safari exploit?

Luminate

Luminate

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Works I just finished doing it, and why is Spirit better when you don't even need to connect to a computer with this one?

zerur03

zerur03

Reaction score
Sin$
Works I just finished doing it, and why is Spirit better when you don't even need to connect to a computer with this one?
its because spirit was made by comex and the dev-team for ipods under the 4.0 update but this new one jailbreakme.com is still made by comex and dev-team but its for 4.0 and higher

Boeing

(GranDaddyPurp)

We Not From 63rd
10th Anniversary Experienced Veteran Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
its because spirit was made by comex and the dev-team for ipods under the 4.0 update but this new one jailbreakme.com is still made by comex and dev-team but its for 4.0 and higher

Huh? The NEW jailbreak (jailbreakme.com) is for 3.1.2 - 4.0.1; It's not just for 4.0 and higher

• iPod 1G on 3.1.2
  • iPod 1G on 3.1.3
  • iPod 2G on 3.1.2
  • iPod 2G on 3.1.3
  • iPod 2G on 4.0
  • iPod 3G on 3.1.2
  • iPod 3G on 3.1.3
  • iPod 3G on 4.0
  • iPad on 3.2
  • iPad on 3.2.1
  • iPhone 3G on 3.1.2
  • iPhone 3G on 3.1.3
  • iPhone 3G on 4.0
  • iPhone 3G on 4.0.1
  • iPhone 3G on 3.1.2[*]iPhone 3G on 3.1.3[*]iPhone 3G on 4.0[*]iPhone 3G on 4.0.1[*]iPhone 4 on 4.0[*]iPhone 4 on 4.0.1

M

Matty Da Gimp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
if i jailbreak can i get Aps and itunes music and vids for free????
get back to me ASAP

I

IB IL IN ID

Reaction score
Sin$
This is great. Why would you want spirit it takes less then 10 mins and all you have to do is slide your finger across the screen...

eG Horizon

eG Horizon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I used this tutorial at 7am so the server traffic wasn't so bad. it worked fine for me and now I have Cydia, Winterboard, and Installous there all working like a charm, I have only ran into one problem. Whenever I turn on my iPod Theres a weird pix-elated line above the apple logo. Does anyone know what causes this or how to fix it because it looks pretty ugly.

if i jailbreak can i get Aps and itunes music and vids for free????
get back to me ASAP
Yes. You just have to add the hackulo source so you can download Installous via cydia installer.

Boeing

(GranDaddyPurp)

We Not From 63rd
10th Anniversary Experienced Veteran Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I used this tutorial at 7am so the server traffic wasn't so bad. it worked fine for me and now I have Cydia, Winterboard, and Installous there all working like a charm, I have only ran into one problem. Whenever I turn on my iPod Theres a weird pix-elated line above the apple logo. Does anyone know what causes this or how to fix it because it looks pretty ugly.

that's normal. I think either comex or planetbeing said its a glitch or something like that.

Top Bottom
Login
Register