Question J1D2.1/J1D2.3 Dead on Two Different Consoles

• Thread starter julianface
  • Start date
  • Views 395
J

julianface

Reaction score
Sin$
Did I mess something up on BOTH mobos?? I've resoldered a couple times on the first board and had it super clean in the 2nd connected on both sides still with no luck. Followed Martin C troubleshooting guide and BOTH have 0v readings on 1 and 3 after desoldering and cleaning everything.

Did I fry the ports on both of them somehow or is it just a coincidence that they were both frigged from the get go?

I'm using a Matrix SPI Flasher and unfortunately didn't check the 2 joints before soldering. I did it so many times im sure the connections were right.

Thanks!

EDIT: I did a reflow and still got no voltage. Is the SPI port on the Southbridge probe to being faulty on Falcons?

J

julianface

Reaction score
Sin$
I bought a 3rd Falcon that works fine and this also has dead contacts 1 and 3 before doing anything to it. What gives??

BlueSn00w

BlueSn00w

RGH/JTAG Seller
Reaction score
Sin$
Your most likely doing something wrong with your multimeter. And when you never got any nand reads it was most likely your soldering. Its not just chance that you have 3 issues with spi lol

J

julianface

Reaction score
Sin$
Your most likely doing something wrong with your multimeter. And when you never got any nand reads it was most likely your soldering. Its not just chance that you have 3 issues with spi lol

I'm getting the correct readings on all the other joints with black on a random ground and red on the joint. Should I be measuring it differently for 1 and 3? I get the expected 3.2V 40ohm 3.0V 5.8kohm readings for the others. I got a Jasper now and I'm facing the same problem. I got it to read about 0.5V each but it still didn't work and resoldering I'm getting 0s again but fine for everything else :frown:

J

julianface

Reaction score
Sin$
ya they still all boot fine. I don't know what more I can do for soldering I've resoldered it so many times and get no voltage readings from those two pins on all 3 remaining consoles, one before I did ANY soldering. I've put them back together and given up cause it's definitely not the soldering (used flux, clean small connections, both sides of the board, wire all the way through, no shorts, every other pin is tested as working with the correct numbers on all 3 boxes). Getting 0V readings from those two pins is a problem mentioned in Martin C's troubleshooting guide saying the pins go straight to the southbridge so it could be a southbridge connection issue.

Should I try getting a DemoN perhaps?

Top Bottom
Login
Register