Solved J-runner no more bytes error

• Thread starter BlackShadowGS
  • Start date
  • Views 1,207
B

BlackShadowGS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey so I keep getting this issue when trying to read the nand on my jasper 512mb console

Version: 10
Flash Config: 0x00AA3020
00AA3020
Jasper 512MB
CB Version: 6754
Jasper 512MB Manually Selected
Reading Nand to C:\Users\Caleb S\Desktop\J-Runner v3 (5) Core Pack\output\nanddump1.bin
Reading Nand
Error: 000 reading block EBE
Win32Error
Win32Error:No more bytes!

Any clue as to why?

B

BlueSn00w

RGH/JTAG Seller
Reaction score
Hey so I keep getting this issue when trying to read the nand on my jasper 512mb console

Version: 10
Flash Config: 0x00AA3020
00AA3020
Jasper 512MB
CB Version: 6754
Jasper 512MB Manually Selected
Reading Nand to C:\Users\Caleb S\Desktop\J-Runner v3 (5) Core Pack\output\nanddump1.bin
Reading Nand
Error: 000 reading block EBE
Win32Error
Win32Error:No more bytes!

Any clue as to why?
Lets see your soldering :smile:

B

BlackShadowGS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lets see your soldering :smile:
Well this waaaasss some pretty sloppy stuff on my part lol Its was a job done only by satan. The connections are there though and I've had 1 complete dump out of the 7 trys but still

B

BlueSn00w

RGH/JTAG Seller
Reaction score
Well this waaaasss some pretty sloppy stuff on my part lol Its was a job done only by satan. The connections are there though and I've had 1 complete dump out of the 7 trys but still
I see multiple bridges.... Its 100% your soldering. Try trimming the wires down to a tinny amout exposed and dont put it into the solder ball not to the side :smile:

B

BlackShadowGS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see multiple bridges.... Its 100% your soldering. Try trimming the wires down to a tinny amout exposed and dont put it into the solder ball not to the side :smile:
Will give this a second go! thanks

Well heres the second trial. Trying to read the nand once again
Still no success:dead:

Last edited:
B

BlackShadowGS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finally! 3rd times a charm and my soldering was much better but i got the job done!

I

ImOx

(^._.^)ノ
Retired
Reaction score
Finally! 3rd times a charm and my soldering was much better but i got the job done!
It might work right now, but I personally wouldn't leave it looking like that.
I'm no expert with soldering, but those wires definitely need to be trimmed.
You have so much of the wires exposed, they can very easily touch points they shouldn't.

B

BlueSn00w

RGH/JTAG Seller
Reaction score
You have so much of the wires exposed, they can very easily touch points they shouldn't.
Im0x is right. You should practice pcb soldering on something else before u start.

There are some tiny points(pll, clk) and if your nand leads look like that (no offense) your going to kill your console.

B

BlackShadowGS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im0x is right. You should practice pcb soldering on something else before u start.

There are some tiny points(pll, clk) and if your nand leads look like that (no offense) your going to kill your console.
Nah I got it all. I know my soldering is **** and it also doesnt help that my tips are bad and I don't have a precision tip but I got everything in working order and successfully RGH'd it last night! But yeah know, I know I still need to practice with motherboards and pcb's in general. When I usually solder I'm soldering wires and larger contact points

B

BlackShadowGS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I should have posted pictures of the 3rd time because I did exactly as you and bluesnoow suggested. My points were MUCH better after I removed all the contacts and trimmed them up. I also tinned the wires too which helped quite a bit. Just gotta slow down and take your time lol

Top Bottom