What's new
  • Howdy, Guest!

We have issued a forced password reset on all user accounts, meaning you will not be able to login until this process is complete. Instructions will be displayed when you login with your previous credentials, however if for any reason you do not have access to your associated email address, you will need to contact us at [email protected].

For more information, please read this Important Announcement

Thank you for being awesome!

Solved J-runner Flash Config 0x00000000 and Unable to Read Files

Jakeb88

Jakeb88

Reaction score
Sin$
I need help. I've had this Jasper for about a year now and i still cant get it to work. I gave up on it for a long time and just decided i wanted to finish it but I cant. I've re soldered the connection points 7 times, updated drivers, searched through forums, and I still cant get an answer. I'm using a JR Programmer V2 and maybe there's something wrong with that? It might be something really dumb because i'm a beginner when it comes to this stuff, but I don't think it is. This is the error message that pops up:
===================================================
Tuesday, May 15, 2018 9:07:12 AM

J-Runner v0.3 Beta (8) Started

Checking Files
Unable to check files
Version: 10
Flash Config: 0x00000000
Can not Continue
Please help if you can!

Killjoy666

Killjoy666

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I need help. I've had this Jasper for about a year now and i still cant get it to work. I gave up on it for a long time and just decided i wanted to finish it but I cant. I've re soldered the connection points 7 times, updated drivers, searched through forums, and I still cant get an answer. I'm using a JR Programmer V2 and maybe there's something wrong with that? It might be something really dumb because i'm a beginner when it comes to this stuff, but I don't think it is. This is the error message that pops up:
Tuesday, May 15, 2018 9:07:12 AM

J-Runner v0.3 Beta (8) Started

Checking Files
Unable to check files
Version: 10
Flash Config: 0x00000000
Can not Continue
Please help if you can!
Post Pictures Of Soldering.

Jakeb88

Jakeb88

Reaction score
Sin$
Post Pictures Of Soldering.
KUVlroL

X9TyFT8

dont mind the tape its just to help me color code because im color blind.

KUVlroL

X9TyFT8

KUVlroL

X9TyFT8

I know the yellow is a little ****ed but i couldnt fix it, it should still work.

Noobert

Noobert

RGH/Flashing Support
VIP
Retired
Trifecta Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
KUVlroL

X9TyFT8

I know the yellow is a little ****ed but i couldnt fix it, it should still work.

It's your soldering.

You don't need to have that much wire exposed, the entire area is just a mess.
Unsolder everything, and trim the wires back. You should only need 2mm of wire exposed.
After you trim the wires back, clean up the area with some rubbing alcohol.
Then try again.

You can see how short they have the wires cut back here:
https://i.gyazo.com/e993e0f530aa4fc54f3ecf882fd27274.png

The reason it's recommended to be cut back so short is because it's much easier to work with when you're soldering.
You also don't have to worry about anything being bridged, or touching after the fact.

Jakeb88

Jakeb88

Reaction score
Sin$
It's your soldering.

Unsolder everything, and trim the wires back. You should only need 2mm of wire exposed.
Then try again.

The reason it's recommended to be cut back so short is because it's much easier to work with when you're soldering.
You also don't have to worry about anything being bridged, or touching after the fact.
Ok thanks. Ill try it now and get back in about 20 mins

Jakeb88

Jakeb88

Reaction score
Sin$
It's your soldering.

Then try again.

I fixed soldering and still same issue.

Newsk

Newsk

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Still gonna be your soldering . If you have the nand connector plugged in and the usb not (with power plugged into the Xbox of coarse). You should see the red and green leds flickering on and off on the jrp indicating your soldered in properly.

As a last resort I always suggest you solder some small resistor legs (or similar ) to the nand cables . Then you can heat up each point with fresh solder and flux and slide the leg right through the board.

Kind of like this
8MlC8ud.jpg

Jakeb88

Jakeb88

Reaction score
Sin$
Still gonna be your soldering . If you have the nand connector plugged in and the usb not (with power plugged into the Xbox of coarse). You should see the red and green leds flickering on and off on the jrp indicating your soldered in properly.

As a last resort I always suggest you solder some small resistor legs (or similar ) to the nand cables . Then you can heat up each point with fresh solder and flux and slide the leg right through the board.

Kind of like this
8MlC8ud.jpg
Are the blue and green fine?

Jakeb88

Jakeb88

Reaction score
Sin$
Are the blue and green fine?
ive redone the soldering 4 times and i still cant get the programmer to get the lights blinking. Could it be an issue with the wires or the programmer itself? Also, the light was green every time I plugged in the cable and now its red. I'm at a loss.

Noobert

Noobert

RGH/Flashing Support
VIP
Retired
Trifecta Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
ive redone the soldering 4 times and i still cant get the programmer to get the lights blinking. Could it be an issue with the wires or the programmer itself? Also, the light was green every time I plugged in the cable and now its red. I'm at a loss.
Take a picture of how your JR Programmer is currently setup.

Newsk

Newsk

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
U may have accidently bumped one of the switches on the jrp. Does jrunner still show the jrprogrammer symbol when u plug it in ?

take a pic of the jrprogrammer like mentioned above so we can see the current positions of the 2 switches .

TEIR1plus2

TEIR1plus2

VIP
VIP
Hidden Devils
Frame In Gold Programmer A Milli
Reaction score
Sin$
Do what the above people said first. If you're still having issues, I didn't see this mentioned, make sure the console is plugged in (but not powered on) when trying to read the nand. If that's not it then you need to desolder everything from the J1D2 header and clean it up. You can't have any of these connections bridging, which is why the exposed wires should be cut back as well.

Jakeb88

Jakeb88

Reaction score
Sin$
\
now it wont even detect xbox

U may have accidently bumped one of the switches on the jrp. Does jrunner still show the jrprogrammer symbol when u plug it in ?

take a pic of the jrprogrammer like mentioned above so we can see the current positions of the 2 switches .
\
now it wont even detect xbox

C

Chrushev

Reaction score
Sin$
JR Programmer is very finnicky as far as connections go. ive had to resolder upwards of 20 times joints that were perfectly fine just to get it to stop giving that error and read/write, in some cases it would read fine but fail to write, in others it wouldnt detect the 360 at all. The issue is typically with the solder points that were a bit hollow (like not filled in with solder from the factory), its very easy to accidentally do a cold soldier joint on those as the new solder doesnt have anything to stick to. I would recommend completely restarting (remove all wires and all solder). Make sure you are using flux as well.

I would also recommend exposing like 1/16th of an inch of wire, just a few millimeters, enough to grab onto the solder point. Your wires are way too long and if you accidentally touch some of those together you could fry your console. Also, you are using way too much solder on your points.

Also make sure the toggle switches on JR programmer are set correctly (there are 2 on there).

Newsk

Newsk

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok u need to flip switch back away from BL or (bootloader )rewrite firmware . Go to tools /update jrp fw. Then point it to jrunner/ common / picflash e_1_0_5 or something like that (sorry at work ).

Then be sure not to flip the switch to bootloader again.
U want both switches away from usb port. (Unless your writing sonus sounds that is )

Last edited:
TEIR1plus2

TEIR1plus2

VIP
VIP
Hidden Devils
Frame In Gold Programmer A Milli
Reaction score
Sin$
JR Programmer is very finnicky as far as connections go. ive had to resolder upwards of 20 times joints that were perfectly fine just to get it to stop giving that error and read/write, in some cases it would read fine but fail to write, in others it wouldnt detect the 360 at all. The issue is typically with the solder points that were a bit hollow (like not filled in with solder from the factory), its very easy to accidentally do a cold soldier joint on those as the new solder doesnt have anything to stick to. I would recommend completely restarting (remove all wires and all solder). Make sure you are using flux as well.

I would also recommend exposing like 1/16th of an inch of wire, just a few millimeters, enough to grab onto the solder point. Your wires are way too long and if you accidentally touch some of those together you could fry your console. Also, you are using way too much solder on your points.

Also make sure the toggle switches on JR programmer are set correctly (there are 2 on there).
Unless it's defective, JR Programmer isn't the finicky part of the equation and neither are hollow solder points (I actually find them much easier to work with as the factory solder tends to be stubborn), just heat up the solder points, apply flux and a little bit of solder.
When JRunner is reporting issues, usually it's because of bad wire connections on the board or bridged connections like you said, both cases going back to poor soldering.
It is usually two other issues as well: console power cable not connected and something being connected to the 5v standby point (like a glitch chip). If something is connected to the 5v point, JRunner will report an error after reading/writing every block, but it can be ignored in most cases and will read/write just fine.

Top Bottom
Login
Register