What's new

Solved J runner device not found when programming cool runner revc

P

PCModernMods

Reaction score
I know this is a dumb question but jrunner can't detect my cool runner revc which is already connected to the xbox. I think it is not plugged in all the way but I can't get it in any further and I don't want to damage it. Can someone take a look and tell what's up/how in the world u plug this thing in??? Thanks a ton in advance!

H

Harmonic

Work Hard, Dream Big
Reaction score
I know this is a dumb question but jrunner can't detect my cool runner revc which is already connected to the xbox. I think it is not plugged in all the way but I can't get it in any further and I don't want to damage it. Can someone take a look and tell what's up/how in the world u plug this thing in??? Thanks a ton in advance!

Try plugging it in further.
If the red light one the Coolrunner doesn't light up, it is not making a connection to the programmer. Hence, why you can't program the chip.

P

PCModernMods

Reaction score
Try plugging it in further.
If the red light one the Coolrunner doesn't light up, it is not making a connection to the programmer. Hence, why you can't program the chip.

It does turn bright red when I connect it, but I try to push it in and I can't I'm afraid I will break it... I have the power pluged in and the jr programmer can read the nand so I think it's a problem with the cool runner revc

H

Harmonic

Work Hard, Dream Big
Reaction score
It does turn bright red when I connect it, but I try to push it in and I can't I'm afraid I will break it... I have the power pluged in and the jr programmer can read the nand so I think it's a problem with the cool runner revc
Try removing power from the console.

N

Newsk

Contributor
Reaction score
also double check the other end of that cable . those wires/pins are very delicate and tend to break or pull out of the connector.
You should see mine! ive had to solder and glue that thing back together quite a few times lol.

J

JoinTheResistance

Dead to the world, alive for the journey...
Reaction score
Is the XSVF switch flipped towards the programming connector?
JRPXSVF.jpg

P

PCModernMods

Reaction score
Is the XSVF switch flipped towards the programming connector?
JRPXSVF.jpg
Yes, I have it set to XSVF, I was pushing on the connectors pretty hard to connect them so I might have damaged the connector. I took it apart since I was getting 3 red rings when I put the old dashboard back on it. Would it work if I bought a new Xbox mother mored online and tried it with that?

N

Newsk

Contributor
Reaction score
did you remove the coolrunner? that will cause rrod on stock if its powered up and doesnt have dual nand timings flashed to it.

Top Bottom