What's new
  • Howdy, Guest!

We have issued a forced password reset on all user accounts, meaning you will not be able to login until this process is complete. Instructions will be displayed when you login with your previous credentials, however if for any reason you do not have access to your associated email address, you will need to contact us at [email protected].

For more information, please read this Important Announcement

Thank you for being awesome!

Solved J-RP v2 NAND Read/Write Cable Thrown Away - Need a little help!

W

wxerx

Reaction score
Sin$
Hello, wizards.
I ordered myself a J-R Programmer V2 containing the JRP & three cables.
I was attempting to RGH 1.2 my flashed Jasper, but after soldering the wires from the J-R Programmer to the correct spots, the power brick on my xbox 360 turned red as i plugged it in to read the nand. I got pissed as **** as i realized it didn't work, so i ripped the wires off the board (not de-soldering them..) and threw them away. My J-R Programmer comes with 2 more sets of cables, 1 that has the correctly colored wires but two extra wires at the end. Would it work if i bought a new xbox and cut the two extra wires off to make a nand read/write cable for direct install? Or can i perhaps buy a NAND-x replacement cable? As i found an affordable one right here:
dhgate.com/product/replacement-cable-for-nand-x-wires-install/372434731.html#ctabBox
Thanks in advance for all response, i hope to god it will turn out good this time. Peace guys.

Noobert

Noobert

RGH/Flashing Support
VIP
Retired
Trifecta Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Hello, wizards.
I ordered myself a J-R Programmer V2 containing the JRP & three cables.
I was attempting to RGH 1.2 my flashed Jasper, but after soldering the wires from the J-R Programmer to the correct spots, the power brick on my xbox 360 turned red as i plugged it in to read the nand. I got pissed as **** as i realized it didn't work, so i ripped the wires off the board (not de-soldering them..) and threw them away. My J-R Programmer comes with 2 more sets of cables, 1 that has the correctly colored wires but two extra wires at the end. Would it work if i bought a new xbox and cut the two extra wires off to make a nand read/write cable for direct install? Or can i perhaps buy a NAND-x replacement cable? As i found an affordable one right here:
dhgate.com/product/replacement-cable-for-nand-x-wires-install/372434731.html#ctabBox
Thanks in advance for all response, i hope to god it will turn out good this time. Peace guys.
Were the pads lifted when you tore the wires off?

I'd need to see pics of the points.

W

wxerx

Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks for the quick response! The solder points are fine. I'm going to test the failed attempt with a multimeter tonight, i've already cleaned out the spots. But which pads are you talking about? I simply plugged in the read/write cable to the J-RP and from usb to my pc. Since the power brick was red i figured the board was dead, so i ripped the soldered cables off the motherboard. Long story short, i ended up throwing both the xbox and the wiring in the trash. Luckily i dragged the xbox up just for spare parts, but if it'll work that would be cool too. Anyway, will i have to buy the NAND-x replacement cable in the link provided? Or can i use the other cables that came with the J-R Programmer. Thanks in advance, guys.

Noobert

Noobert

RGH/Flashing Support
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks for the quick response! The solder points are fine. I'm going to test the failed attempt with a multimeter tonight, i've already cleaned out the spots. But which pads are you talking about? I simply plugged in the read/write cable to the J-RP and from usb to my pc. Since the power brick was red i figured the board was dead, so i ripped the soldered cables off the motherboard. Long story short, i ended up throwing both the xbox and the wiring in the trash. Luckily i dragged the xbox up just for spare parts, but if it'll work that would be cool too. Anyway, will i have to buy the NAND-x replacement cable in the link provided? Or can i use the other cables that came with the J-R Programmer. Thanks in advance, guys.
I was referring to the nand points on the Xbox's Motherboard:
17b3481edfbc8614b47b4d6b39ecb643.png

But yes, the link you provided are the correct cables to order.

W

wxerx

Reaction score
Sin$
Yes, i used plenty of flux, and nice solder balls, so looking at the motherboard it looks ready to solder, lol. No pads were ripped, but some of my tin got stuck on a resistor. I removed the tin and looked for damage, but couldn't find any visible damage. The power brick was orange when plugging in just the powerchord, but when the other end got into the xbox the powerbrick went solid red. I presumed it was defect, and threw away the used cabling for some retarded reason. Thanks for quick response. Now i'll order the wires!

Noobert

Noobert

RGH/Flashing Support
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes, i used plenty of flux, and nice solder balls, so looking at the motherboard it looks ready to solder, lol. No pads were ripped, but some of my tin got stuck on a resistor. I removed the tin and looked for damage, but couldn't find any visible damage. The power brick was orange when plugging in just the powerchord, but when the other end got into the xbox the powerbrick went solid red. I presumed it was defect, and threw away the used cabling for some retarded reason. Thanks for quick response. Now i'll order the wires!
No problem!

Good luck with it :smile:

Top Bottom
Login
Register