What's new

Discussion Ivy Bridge 18 Models Leaked

Shatter

Shatter

Reaction score
Sin$
This may be fake, but most sites have accepted it as real and it matches the current leaked info.

imagequr.jpg

Prices are currently unknown but they should be similar to Sandy Bridge.

P

PursuitFTW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Looks pretty sweet. I have a 2500K, so I think there is no need for me to upgrade my CPU with Intel's newest Ivy Bridge models.

Shatter

Shatter

Reaction score
Sin$
Looks pretty sweet. I have a 2500K, so I think there is no need for me to upgrade my CPU with Intel's newest Ivy Bridge models.
Ya, if its correct all that would change is some extra mhz and lower wattage + intel hd 4000, idk how good that is its probably just like 3000 but can handle 3d better or something.

GENeTiCz xx

GENeTiCz xx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Ya, if its correct all that would change is some extra mhz and lower wattage + intel hd 4000, idk how good that is its probably just like 3000 but can handle 3d better or something.

Forgot to mention Ivy Bridge is guaranteed to handle PCI E 3.0. We aren't sure how well SE will hand PCI E 3.0, meaning how much of a bottleneck will it be to the GPU.

Shatter

Shatter

Reaction score
Sin$
Forgot to mention Ivy Bridge is guaranteed to handle PCI E 3.0. We aren't sure how well SE will hand PCI E 3.0, meaning how much of a bottleneck will it be to the GPU.
PCI 3.0 should be able to handle any current gpu.

Shatter

Shatter

Reaction score
Sin$
That's obvious. I'm saying I wonder how much of a bottle neck will SB be while using PCI E 3.0 and a PCI 3.0 GPU.
I don't think sandy bridge can even handle pci 3.0, i'd wait for the official intel announcment thow.

F

FezLightning

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
That's obvious. I'm saying I wonder how much of a bottle neck will SB be while using PCI E 3.0 and a PCI 3.0 GPU.

Geneticz... it's been too long.

also. Sandy Bridge processors do have support for pcie 3.0. shouldn't be a problem.

GENeTiCz xx

GENeTiCz xx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It probably will get capped at current PCI 2.0 speed.

No not really. SB is still a powerful CPU, and will support 3.0. It's just you'll reach a bottle neck. That statement would also apply to Bulldozer. Considering Bulldozer performs less than SB, but they made Bulldozer with PCI E 3.0 in mind. It will support 3.0, but you'll reach a bottle neck along the way with your CPU. SB isn't old, and PCI E 3.0 has been known about it upcoming for some years now. Intel wouldn't be that stupid to limit PCI speeds with one of it's most successful CPU's ever made to this day. Imo.

Shatter

Shatter

Reaction score
Sin$
No not really. SB is still a powerful CPU, and will support 3.0. It's just you'll reach a bottle neck. That statement would also apply to Bulldozer. Considering Bulldozer performs less than SB, but they made Bulldozer with PCI E 3.0 in mind. It will support 3.0, but you'll reach a bottle neck along the way with your CPU. SB isn't old, and PCI E 3.0 has been known about it upcoming for some years now. Intel wouldn't be that stupid to limit PCI speeds with one of it's most successful CPU's ever made to this day. Imo.
Ivy Bridge will s*** on sandy bridge as long as it's priced right.

GENeTiCz xx

GENeTiCz xx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Ivy Bridge will s*** on sandy bridge as long as it's priced right.

More than likely. Yes, but prices are rumored to be the same prices as current SB. The prices of SB will of coarse drop though.

Shatter

Shatter

Reaction score
Sin$
More than likely. Yes, but prices are rumored to be the same prices as current SB. The prices of SB will of coarse drop though.
But Ivy Bridge will be standard in laptops and all new pcs, It's not common for people to actually build from scratch.

Top Bottom
Login
Register