What's new

Question I've bought a PS4 and it has a white light

ROFeQT

ROFeQT

Reaction score
Sin$
Hello there, as the title says, i've got a ps4 with a white light error thingy. The owner told me that, the hdmi port was changed and the ic chip was changed too, so, what could be the problem, i've never owned a PS4 before, so i don't actually know how a PS4 should behave, is there any way of tracing the error, i'm gonna try changing hard disks, cables and what not inside in the next couple of days, but i don't have the time at the moment to open it up, i want to know if there is anything else i should know beforehand. I've read that either of the two mentioned before could be the culprits, but they were tested on another PS4 from what i've understood and both the port and the ic chip work. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

afterjo

afterjo

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Whitel light is no error. White light means it boot fully, but doesn't show video.

It goes from blue to white light with working console.

ROFeQT

ROFeQT

Reaction score
Sin$
Whitel light is no error. White light means it boot fully, but doesn't show video.

It goes from blue to white light with working console.

Alright, so any idea why it doesn't know anything, i was thinking maybe the graphics card is broken or something.

afterjo

afterjo

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Alright, so any idea why it doesn't know anything, i was thinking maybe the graphics card is broken or something.

Try connecting controller, it will connect with no problem.

Test HDMI, then check HDMI filters. If both are OK, then you can say it's IC chip, could be soldered incorrectly.

You can test HDMI filters, first.

Last edited:
Top Bottom
Login
Register