Its jailbroken! Now I need apps.

Discussion in 'Apple iOS' started by Tucker2121, Feb 5, 2010 with 17 replies and 893 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tucker2121

Tucker2121 Newbie

Ratings:
    Success! I finally have jailbroken my iPhone 3g on Firmware 3.1.3. Now I need your help again. What are some good apps that you can't have without the iphone being jailbroken? Also how do I get some of those really cool animated/video themes? Lastly how do I get free music (dTunes not sure...?) and youtube videos? All I have right now is..... Cydia, Winterboard, vWallpaper, gb4iphone. Lol just post some names of good things to have. Thanks. :smile:

2. Jerry

Jerry #StraightCisPride Retired

Ratings:
  3. Mute-

Mute- Contributor

Ratings:
    What installous does is allow you to access their app store called install0us which has access to loads of itunes apps for free.

4. OP
    Tucker2121

Tucker2121 Newbie

Ratings:
    In have both installous and install0us it says to enter URL and i dont know any URLs

Also how to i delete or make disappear jailbroken apps that i dont want?

5. Boeing

Boeing New York City Native Premium

Ratings:
    in the URL put in apptrackr.org i think it is. It's faster than the previous one.

6. Yomomma7826

Yomomma7826 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    open install0us and and go to settings, change your homepage to [Click here to view the link] it is the best app source out for cracked ipa's.

7. Zarile3

Zarile3 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Backgrounder, SBSettings are two programs I use ALL THE TIME.

8. kiirk

kiirk Enthusiast

Ratings:
  9. instink7

instink7 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    a lot of themes drain the battery fast.

10. xEMGx

xEMGx Enthusiast

Ratings:
    MxTube-Save Youtube Videos, DTunes-Save Videos From Mobile Compatible Sites + Download Free Music, BossPrefs & Lockdown are pretty useful apps. SB Setting is pretty good too.

11. SmoothC

SmoothC Enthusiast

Ratings:
    shazam! i dunno if its free or whatnot, i dont have an iphone myself but its a good app

12. IaMpWn

IaMpWn Enthusiast

Ratings:
    If you need to delete cydia apps download CyDelete. For TV shows download TyTube and D Tunes to manage your movies, tv shows, etc. If your going to do some hacking I would dowload Mobile Terminal. It's sort of like Command Prompt on an iPod.

13. Degree

Degree T R A P S O U L Retired

Ratings:
    Installous from Hackulo is beast. You can download free apps.

14. IaMpWn

IaMpWn Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Yea the new version (being apptrackr) is a **** load faster.

15. ollie0987

ollie0987 Enthusiast

Ratings:

16. vnulol

vnulol Getting There

Ratings:
    as the others said, installous. if you don't know how to get or use repo codes, google "installous repo"

cydelete - allows you to delete jailbreak apps

Sbsettings - Pretty much a nessecity for jailbroken devices, themes, hard reboot, memory management, ect

dtunes - free music, also gives you access to folders for putting movies and stuff in, refer to mxtube

Mxtube - it's EXACTLY like the youtube app, even uses the same updates, but you can download the movies here and watch later w/o internet.

categories - cool app that allows you to make folders named w/e you want, games, apps, ect. that's how i do it atleast. keeps it nice and organized like.

winterboard - themes, i think you need it to use themes, not for sure though, but it's pretty much needed

vwallpaper - video/animated wallpapers. has some pretty cool ones. compared to standard background you look like a l33t hacker. all my friends were like in awe when i showed them.

• Like Like x 1
  17. The Almighty P

The Almighty P Enthusiast

Ratings:
    backgrounder - lets u run more than 1 app at a time i use it alot with pandora or last.fm :thumbup:

18. Ronald Coleman

Ronald Coleman Newbie

Ratings:
    MIM - Allows you to change the name of your carrier to what ever you want
    iFile - Access the files within your iPod / iPhone
    MewSeek - Download free music
    dTunes - Play downloaded music

In cydia look for Youtube downloader. You can download youtube videos with that.
    Many more then just that. just check around on youtube.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.