Beardyman

Beardyman

VIP
VIP
Lifetime
Mr. Nice Guy Trifecta 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
Larry Hyrb announced today that MW2 is now available on the backwards compatibility list for Xbox One!

Dust off your old discs and install those bad boys straight away, because it's time for a nostalgia trip!

Hooah!

J

JackB12

Reaction score
Sin$
I can't believe it. Sold my disc ages ago bevbeca I didn't think they'd bring it back. Looked on eBay and Amazon and prices have shot up.

Last edited:
Beardyman

Beardyman

VIP
VIP
Lifetime
Reaction score
Sin$
I can't believe it. Sold my disc ages ago bevbeca I didn't think they'd bring it back. Looked on eBay and Amazon and prices have shot up. Guess I probably won't be playing it :thumbsdown:
It's like £18 on the Xbox Store lol.

Now I need to find a way to get into an unlock all lobby
You and the thousands of other members wanting the same thing lmao.

J

JackB12

Reaction score
Sin$
Kind of annoying that it shoots up that much e.g. looked online and someone that was selling it for like £1.60 is now selling for around that price. Also how long will this revive the game for? I've seen many backward compatible games that fizzle out as people go for the new titles.

Beardyman

Beardyman

VIP
VIP
Lifetime
Reaction score
Sin$
Kind of annoying that it shoots up that much e.g. looked online and someone that was selling it for like £1.60 is now selling for around that price. Also how long will this revive the game for? I've seen many backward compatible games that fizzle out as people go for the new titles.
Dude, this is MW2 we're talking about here. This title in the franchise has been the most demanded for, in the past 2 years of the backwards compatibility feature. The glorious return of this worldwide fan favourite, won't just "fizzle out".

Plus, I'd never buy a pre-owned hard copy of any game lol. The majority of games that end up in shops like GAME & CEX, haven't been looked after.

J

JackB12

Reaction score
Sin$
Dude, this is MW2 we're talking about here. This title in the franchise has been the most demanded for, in the past 2 years of the backwards compatibility feature. The glorious return of this worldwide fan favourite, won't just "fizzle out".

Plus, I'd never buy a pre-owned hard copy of any game lol. The majority of games that end up in shops like GAME & CEX, haven't been looked after.

I mean I know you're right, just annoying when you already had the game haha. I've had a few that were pre-owned from Game before and they've been fine, only got 1 dodgy one that they exchanged with no issues.

Casp

Casp

VIP
VIP
Retired
Platinum Record Scaling the Mountain TotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
While I don't think the popularity will dissipate after a few weeks, I don't think this will be quite the resurgence for which you are hoping. I think MW2 is a very good Call of Duty game and I am deeply nostalgic for it, but I think a lot of the people who enjoyed it back in the day have either moved on from Call of Duty or gaming in its entirety. I seriously doubt they are playing the new games. While the game is really fun, it has its share of problems. I know I don't particularly enjoy getting shelled by grenade launchers or running into trickshotters in nearly every Search lobby. Those are pretty big problems, and with the coming influx of people they are only going to get worse.
I will fully concede, though, that running into annoying players is the best problem I could have with a Call of Duty game from the previous generation. MW2 is by far the least broken game on the 360. Sure, there might be modded lobbies and class freezers everywhere (I am still convinced the people who freeze classes are the same people who charge to fix them), but when compared to godmode classes in Black Ops and Modern Warfare 3, and especially infectable mod menus in Black Ops 2 (not to mention how broken Call of Duty 4 and World at War are), it's not terrible. I just worry a lot of returning players are going to remember why they stopped playing Modern Warfare 2 after a while, and newcomers are going to be surprised and annoyed at how unbalanced the maps and weapons are.

Shady

Shady

Super Moderator
Super Moderators
10th Anniversary Forum Addict Mr. Nice Guy
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
been waiting for this day finally i can pawn some noobs on rust. i am coming for you noobs.

Krafty

Krafty

It was me the whole time!
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I'll wait until it eventually hits GWG.

Holy Jesus

Holy Jesus

Drunk MOTY 2011-14
Contest Sponsor Grammar Nazi Platinum Record
Reaction score
Sin$
Many people playing? MWR was my jam I played the **** out of that for 12 months this is like my dreams coming true.

Vegeta

Vegeta

宇宙のマスター
Super Moderators
VIP
MotM Trifecta Diamonds Are Forever
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Surprised it wasnt hidden behind a paywall or a cheap Activision trick.

Excited to get back into it, though I am not so excited for noob tubes and last stand.

J

JackB12

Reaction score
Sin$

Managed to pick it up at a local CEX. Luckily, even though most are not looked after, this one seems to be in alright confitcco. Guess the thing is for backward compatibility it only really reads the license on the disc, doesn't actually run the game off the disc.

Holy Jesus

Holy Jesus

Drunk MOTY 2011-14
Contest Sponsor Grammar Nazi Platinum Record
Reaction score
Sin$
Played for a few hours there are plenty of people online. Plenty of people modding as well. Nobody remembers how to play so get on quick and take advantage.

DirtyBear

DirtyBear

What does this do?
Services Grizzled Veteran Gifter
Reaction score
Sin$
This probably made me get back to hooking up my console and actually playing it. Been playing on and off for the last few days and having a blast.

Top Bottom
Login
Register