Itouch isn't found by iTunes+won't Turn on

Discussion in 'iOS Support' started by UKmonkey, Feb 3, 2009 with 7 replies and 813 views.

1. UKmonkey

UKmonkey Getting There

Ratings:
    I don't know if that means it's bricked or something but I can't do anything with it and it refuses to run on and be seen by iTunes.

2. Tower of cheese

Tower of cheese Newbie

Ratings:
    I had the same problem, use the dfuhelper.bat that someone posted on one of the 2g jailbreak posts. It fixed my problem

3. FaLCo

FaLCo Enthusiast

Ratings:
    All u have to do is keep trying to put it into DFU mode, i had the same prob but i fiddled around and eventually figured out that i had to put it into DFu and restore and start the jailbreak over.

4. OP
    UKmonkey

UKmonkey Getting There

Ratings:
    If both of those fail is there a way to detect if someone tried jailbreaking it, I might have to send it in as it still has time under warranty.

5. Forgoten Dynasty

Forgoten Dynasty Free Sosa #bangbang Premium

Ratings:
    they will find out.
    Trust me you did not brick it plug it in to your computer hold sleep+home for 10 seconds then release sleep (never let go of home) and just hold it untill your computer picks it up

6. Holy Ownage

Holy Ownage Getting There

Ratings:
    I had a very similar problem, but found out it was due to Limewire being installed.
    I, personally, had to reformat. But you can supposedly delete a few dlls' and uninstall Limewire to get it working.

Mind you, still would need a fresh iTunes install too.

7. Forgoten Dynasty

Forgoten Dynasty Free Sosa #bangbang Premium

Ratings:
    cant say i see how either one of those would affect it unless you have an old version of itunes

8. OP
    UKmonkey

UKmonkey Getting There

Ratings:
    Nothing has worked so far, can I send in the iTouch with something like a damaged dock port and get another? If so I'll sexually assault it with a screw driver :tongue: