it'll never happen

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Game Modding' started by ERROR1337, Jul 21, 2009 with 2 replies and 297 views.

1. ERROR1337

ERROR1337 Newbie

Ratings:
    why do sony and microsoft keep trying to out-do each other? do they really think they will make the other stop making video game systems? sony is the one of the biggest/most popular elctronics companies out there and microsoft is the biggest computer software company out there. causing the other to stop creating new game systems will never happen. it would be great if they would stop fighting about it and make a system together. sony could handle the hardware and microsoft could handle the software. now that would put nintendo in the closet for a few years. imagine what we would have if they could colabirate together

2. Haxalot88

Haxalot88 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    Who says they try? It's the manufacturers themselves that pose what problems. For example, few developers actually care for the PS3. It's a fairly complicated system to develop on, making many developers weary about trying to develop on it. Hell, whether Sony is a big electronics developer or not, it's the system itself that makes the difference. Many people say it's a huge flop, and it really is. It doesn't help when Sony support is very limited, they almost never pay for exclusives, and the system itself isn't so widely supported.
    On the other hand, everyone supports developing on the Xbox 360. I'm not a Microsoft fan-boy or anything, as I actually prefer PC gaming above systems, however they really did a good job on it. There are flaws, yes, however it is much more developed than the PS3.

3. OP
    ERROR1337

ERROR1337 Newbie

Ratings:
    few developers care 4 it? a huge flop? almost never pay 4 exclusives? complicated to develop on? who told you all this? nearly every next gen developer supports the ps3 because it's easier to develop games for not harder, ur thinking of ps2 that was nearly impossible. more developed than the ps3? sony made your beloved 360's cpu. you say you're not a fanboy but you really couldn't say anything good about the ps3. i can tell you're getting your information from a xbox based sites.like you said, it's the system itself that make the difference. if the 360 is more developed then why are more & more people switching to ps3? if you tell me that's not what's going on then you need to update your facts.