What's new
  • Howdy, Guest!

We have issued a forced password reset on all user accounts, meaning you will not be able to login until this process is complete. Instructions will be displayed when you login with your previous credentials, however if for any reason you do not have access to your associated email address, you will need to contact us at [email protected].

For more information, please read this Important Announcement

Thank you for being awesome!

Solved ISO to HDD no Jtag/RGH

C

CrazyFella

Reaction score
Sin$
My NHL 15 Disc is scratched up and I did not install it to my HDD. My question is can I install it to my HDD from a backup ISO on my PC. The only way i can see people doing it is with iso2god, which doesnt show up as "installed" , im assuming thats because it is meant to run without the disc (JTAG). My disc does read and shows the thumbnail icon for the game and says "Play NHL 15" and starts to run. If anyone can help me with getting from an ISO to Installed on xbox 360 HDD it would be greatly appreciated.

(My Xbox is NOT Jtag)

Last edited:
C

CrazyFella

Reaction score
Sin$
problem is if I extract from the ISO i get files like (default.xex,nocache.big, etc) these are not the files found for an installed game on the 360 HDD

Connor

Connor

Hi :3
Retired
Grammar Nazi Stickied FotM
Reaction score
Sin$
My NHL 15 Disc is scratched up and I did not install it to my HDD. My question is can I install it to my HDD from a backup ISO on my PC. The only way i can see people doing it is with iso2god, which doesnt show up as "installed" , im assuming thats because it is meant to run without the disc (JTAG). My disc does read and shows the thumbnail icon for the game and says "Play NHL 15" and starts to run. If anyone can help me with getting from an ISO to Installed on xbox 360 HDD it would be greatly appreciated.
I don't think it's possible unless you had the xbox flashed. You might be able to hotswap if that's still a thing.

StellatedYeti

StellatedYeti

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Sorry did realize it was rgh or jtaged 
What said earlier just didn't press the reply button sorry

D

Deleted member 777936

Houston, we have a problem.
Reaction score
Sin$
Not possible without some form of hard/soft mod. (XKey, flashed DVD drive, JTAG / RGH)

Snowy

Snowy

Let it snow
Hidden Devils
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Not possible without some form of hard/soft mod. (XKey, flashed DVD drive, JTAG / RGH)
You might be able to hotswap if that's still a thing.
In theory, hotswap should work as well, provided the game disc is still readable (to the point where the XBOX can tell it is NHL 15). I mean, I may be wrong, but if you can hotswap games such as WaW and CoD:4, it should work, as the game files are exactly the same as what they should be.

C

CrazyFella

Reaction score
Sin$
Can anyone explain the reason behind not being able to go from ISO on PC to the xbox HDD, Does the box put somekind of console specific ID in the install ?

Connor

Connor

Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Can anyone explain the reason behind not being able to go from ISO on PC to the xbox HDD, Does the box put somekind of console specific ID in the install ?
Pretty much, the content will be blocked if you somehow managed to get it on your system in GOD. It would be locked and never playable. Although you can unlock it but again, that would required a modified xbox.

Snowy

Snowy

Let it snow
Hidden Devils
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Basically, microsoft put anti-piracy protection in place.
I couldn't find a way of saying that without sounding patronising, so I just put it bluntly.
Think of it this way, you a putting a backup disc with files burnt from your PC and trying to play the game. There are is absolutely no way for the console to detect whether or not you actually own the game, or whether the pirate bay supplied the copy you are using.

C

CrazyFella

Reaction score
Sin$
I was hoping for a little more in depth, If it was a profile or DVDkey etc I would think that type of info could be modified from an extracted ISO file 
Basically, microsoft put anti-piracy protection in place.
I couldn't find a way of saying that without sounding patronising, so I just put it bluntly.
Think of it this way, you a putting a backup disc with files burnt from your PC and trying to play the game. There are is absolutely no way for the console to detect whether or not you actually own the game, or whether the pirate bay supplied the copy you are using.
wouldnt the original cd in the tray verify me owning the game?

Connor

Connor

Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I was hoping for a little more in depth, If it was a profile or DVDkey etc I would think that type of info could be modified from an extracted ISO file
It really just isn't possible Snowy Snowy explains it pretty nicely.

It's been circumvented but all of it requires the modification of the xbox.

Things it would need explained by
D Deleted member 777936

The actual original CD of the retail game obviously, but there is something to due with the retail discs it has some sort of anti-piracy thing that you just can't change.

Snowy

Snowy

Let it snow
Hidden Devils
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$

According to wikipedia, the XBOX 360 has:
Code:
The Xbox 360 copy protection functions by requesting the DVD drive compute the angular distance between specific data sectors on the disc. A duplicated DVD will return different values than a pressed original would.
Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copy_protection#Video_game_console_systems

C

CrazyFella

Reaction score
Sin$
F

Fra31RGHXSX

Reaction score
Sin$
you have to modify the xbox with JTAG/RGH but you will need a soldering iron, etc...

Here is a tutorial on YouTube:

Post automatically merged:

you have to modify the xbox with JTAG/RGH but you will need a soldering iron, etc...

Here is a tutorial on YouTube:

5GSE

Reaction score
Sin$

(My Xbox is NOT Jtag)
Best bet without having to mod is just getting the disk polished at a place where they have a machine for it or attempting one of those DIY solutions to fix the scratches.

Top Bottom
Login
Register