What's new

Solved Iso burning

• Thread starter David Mcmurdo
  • Start date
  • Views 354
D

David Mcmurdo

Reaction score
Please delete if not allowed. I am of the older generation and was recently given an original xbox, I have been messing about trying to burn iso to dvd buy nothing seems to work, do I need a) a certain dvd writer and b) certain dvd, I am pulling out what little hair I have left, assistance appreciated

D

David Mcmurdo

Reaction score
So it's not as easy as loading and iso in to poweriso and letting it burn the image

S

Slim Shady

Live In Your World M0D IN OURS
Retired
Reaction score
nope wouldn't work.

K

KaosEngineeer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
An unmodded Xbox will not play a burned disc image.

The original discs have security features that prevent such simple copies from working.

Original Xbox discs are dual-layer media with sector sectors present.

One layer contains a short DVD video that plays when the disc is loaded into a DVD player (or played with the Xbox DVD playback kit) and the second for most games <4.7GB in size contains an XDVDFS (Xbox DVD Filesystem) with the game's files. This set of files is what's found in disc images you may find on the Internet for downloading. These ISO files are in a special XISO format that can be burned to DVD-R media; however, are not playable on an unmodified system. The console must be modified before they can be read - either by installing a softmod (software mod) or hardmod (modchip installation) the console will skip the security checks which allows these backup copies to work.

Top Bottom