What's new

Discussion Is this worth keeping?

Joker

Joker

Arkham Asylum
Reaction score
Sin$
Hello 7s, So I have been given the opportunity to get a laptop free! (originally £390/$591) I need to know if it is worth keeping! It is a lenovo, Not sure which model but I think a G50 and the specs are as follows

Code:
Intel core i3-4005U CPU @ 1.70GHz)
4GB RAM (upgrade able to 8GB I believe)
Windows 8.1 64 bit operating system
500GB Internal HDD

These are all the specs I could get, I would like to know if someone could tell me at minimum what games this would run etc and maximum like would it run call of duty 4? And would it run battlefield/GTA V? Also just a general answer as to is this worth keeping! I do need a new computer badly so let me know!

- J o k e r

Prefix_NA

Prefix_NA

Seasoned Member
Mythical Veteran Legendary Veteran Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
That laptop would not be worth more than $150 usd used anymore but its good for facebook and stuff on integrated graphics with an i3 it prob wouldn't run gta v on minimum settings but it might run cod 4 on lower settings.

Joker

Joker

Arkham Asylum
Reaction score
Sin$
That laptop would not be worth more than $150 usd used anymore but its good for facebook and stuff on integrated graphics with an i3 it prob wouldn't run gta v on minimum settings but it might run cod 4 on lower settings.
Seriously? The person paid £350 for it -_-

Prefix_NA

Prefix_NA

Seasoned Member
Mythical Veteran Legendary Veteran Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Seriously? The person paid £350 for it -_-
maybe a year ago and new with European prices (I assume ur laptops are pricey)

Here in USA you can buy way better laptops for under $500 (about 350 pounds)

I got my dad a laptop for under $275 on sale from $400 over a year ago with similar specs.

CF Boxman

CF Boxman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hello 7s, So I have been given the opportunity to get a laptop free! (originally £390/$591) I need to know if it is worth keeping! It is a lenovo, Not sure which model but I think a G50 and the specs are as follows

Code:
Intel core i3-4005U CPU @ 1.70GHz)
4GB RAM (upgrade able to 8GB I believe)
Windows 8.1 64 bit operating system
500GB Internal HDD

These are all the specs I could get, I would like to know if someone could tell me at minimum what games this would run etc and maximum like would it run call of duty 4? And would it run battlefield/GTA V? Also just a general answer as to is this worth keeping! I do need a new computer badly so let me know!

- J o k e r
Do you know if the cpu is turbo'd at all? With that small of ram it will hurt playing bigger games, you should be fine with cod 4. Highly doubt you will be able to play battlefield or gta 5. I have an old Alienware m11x that has about the same config but with 8 or 16gb of ram i cant really remember too well and it would play bf 3 on like low, low settings with bad fps.

Top Bottom
Login
Register