What's new

Discussion Is this true? WE MIGHT GET A MW2 REMASTERED BOIS!

• Thread starter nV Adapt
  • Start date
  • Views 2,973
nV Adapt

nV Adapt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
For one, Sledgehammer won’t be developing the remaster, the development duties would be handled by another studio (same formula as this year) and it’ll make a lot more sense to dish out a MW2 remaster then MW3 and break the chronological order.

call-of-duty-ghosts.jpg

Image: Modern Warfare

Going by the success and reception of the Modern Warfare remastered this year, which has even outshone the main game in many aspects, here’s a potential release schedule for upcoming remasters of Call of Duty games.

2016: Infinity Ward – Infinite Warfare & Modern Warfare Remastered
2017: Sledgehammer Games – New COD Game (possibly set in WWII or Vietnam) and Modern Warfare 2 Remastered
2018: Treyarch Games – World At War 2 and World At War Remastered
2019: Infinity Ward – Unknown Call of Duty game with Modern Warfare 3 Remastered and Modern Warfare Remastered Trilogy

Although this sounds too good to be true but Activision is a business-minded company and this will make perfect business sense for them. You should not be surprised if you get a Modern Warfare 2 remastered tied exclusively with next year’s standalone Call of Duty title.

We wouldn’t be complaining either.

Sombra

Sombra

A distraught soul
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Why make a backwards compatible game remastered? The game isn't a high demand either so I highly doubt it would be remastered.

Negan

Negan

"Eenie, meenie, miney, moe"
Experienced Veteran Mr. Nice Guy Greeter
Reaction score
Sin$
For one, Sledgehammer won’t be developing the remaster, the development duties would be handled by another studio (same formula as this year) and it’ll make a lot more sense to dish out a MW2 remaster then MW3 and break the chronological order.

call-of-duty-ghosts.jpg

Going by the success and reception of the Modern Warfare remastered this year, which has even outshone the main game in many aspects, here’s a potential release schedule for upcoming remasters of Call of Duty games.

2017: Sledgehammer Games – New COD Game (possibly set in WWII or Vietnam) and Modern Warfare 2 Remastered
2019: Infinity Ward – Unknown Call of Duty game with Modern Warfare 3 Remastered and Modern Warfare Remastered Trilogy

Although this sounds too good to be true but Activision is a business-minded company and this will make perfect business sense for them. You should not be surprised if you get a Modern Warfare 2 remastered tied exclusively with next year’s standalone Call of Duty title.

Then 2020 comes and a big asteroid hits the planet and were all doomed :smile:

Serious note i hope it comes out

Skepta

Skepta

Go on then, Go on then
VIP
Retired
End of the Year 2017 Platinum Record Scaling the Mountain
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
This is what is wrong with the gaming community, everyone just happy with remasters. Remasters is just a lazy way to make money for any company. If you love the game just go play it on the old console and get the full nostalgic feeling.

Beardyman

Beardyman

VIP
VIP
Lifetime
Mr. Nice Guy Trifecta 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
This is what is wrong with the gaming community, everyone just happy with remasters. Remasters is just a lazy way to make money for any company. If you love the game just go play it on the old console and get the full nostalgic feeling.
Dude, I would do anything for a remastered version of MW2; fresh servers, the epic journey from level 1 to 10th prestige, having a full team of friends for Groundwar... the list goes on.

I would die a happy man if this ever happens.

CLXDefault

CLXDefault

Enjoying Life!
Mr. Nice Guy Frame In Gold Free Hoster
Reaction score
Sin$

call-of-duty-ghosts.jpg

Yeah I would rather have the old version come over not A remastered.

Skepta

Skepta

Go on then, Go on then
VIP
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Dude, I would do anything for a remastered version of MW2; fresh servers, the epic journey from level 1 to 10th prestige, having a full team of friends for Groundwar... the list goes on.

I would die a happy man if this ever happens.
Fresh servers? The servers still need working on, infinite warfare has terrible servers imo.
level 1 to 10th prestige is every cod more or less.

I can see why some people want it, but I cant see how they can value it as the same as a completely new game its a total rip off.

Beardyman

Beardyman

VIP
VIP
Lifetime
Mr. Nice Guy Trifecta 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
Fresh servers? The servers still need working on, infinite warfare has terrible servers imo.
level 1 to 10th prestige is every cod more or less.

I can see why some people want it, but I cant see how they can value it as the same as a completely new game its a total rip off.
Yes, fresh servers. Everyone will have to start from scratch, as stats won't carry over I assume. No modded lobbies etc.

I'll be buying it nonetheless, second best in the franchise to Modern Warfare.

Blitz

Blitz

My Problems have Problems.
Reaction score
Sin$
I see pro's and con's to remastering games. I'm not a fan of graphics (e.g. Xbox One vs. PS4 vs. PC), but when it comes to Xbox 360 graphics to PS4, and in the sense of an old game coming back with graphics in that big of difference, I would definitely agree that graphics are a big difference, and important.
Though, if they remaster too many games, I would feel it is useless as well. Eventually, they may as well do what Battlefield did and make a new game in the past, instead of remastering them.

Restrain

Restrain

S-D Winchester
Hidden Devils
Programmer Reporter Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
Are you forgetting the part about modders ruining the games? It's one reason I bought a PS4

Skepta

Skepta

Go on then, Go on then
VIP
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Are you forgetting the part about modders ruining the games? It's one reason I bought a PS4
I never experienced modders ruining my game and I have had every cod since the big red one....

mizzied

mizzied

✚ Xbox Support - COD & GTA hoster ✚
Reaction score
Sin$
*opens supply drop*
*gets mw2 remastered out of it*

Snowy

Snowy

Let it snow
Hidden Devils
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
If this was completely true then there wouldn't be any supply drops in MW Remastered, and futuristic warfare would've been dropped straight after Advanced Warfare.

Speedball

Speedball

I don't believe in non-believers
Legendary Veteran Grammar Nazi Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
I would love to see a remastered version of Mw2.

W

Wammbo

Reaction score
Sin$
MW2, where all hell in CoD broke loose. Annoying trickshoters in SnD destroying wins, where hacked lobbys appeared, where 90% of there players where squeeking rats. Hell no, MW2 was a ovverated piece of garbage. WaW 2 pls.

Top Bottom
Login
Register