is this possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PAC ATAK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
im trying to download the project 64 emulator on my comp at school and i look for a site that has the download but everytime i try to download it i get stopped by the school web blocker. i've tried to use a proxy but it still wont get through so i can download it. i tried to transfer the project 64 file onto my comp by using a flash drive but it wont let the file transfer to my comp. what can i do?

TerminatioN

TerminatioN

Salty Retired
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Scaling the Mountain Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
Hack the admin account and login using that and do it.

X

xl LosT lx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i know at our school the admin blocks the name of the program so name it something completely random and try that or just run it off your flash drive?

Ibdc

Ibdc

VIP
VIP
Retired
Forum Addict MotM
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah all you have to do is install it on the flash drive from home, as your going through the installer change the installation directory C:\Program Files\Project 64 or whatever to your flash drive. Then once you have the ROM(s) you wanna play all you have to do is plug your flash drive in at school and play.

P

PAC ATAK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
if you read my original post i say...it wont let me use a flash drive...

M

Michael Allison

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It won't let you transfer it, he meant install the program onto it while you're at home, plug it in, and run the program without transferring it onto the other computer.

Another option is burning it on to CD and doing something similar... it's doubtful your school blocks CD-ROMs, because they probably make good use of them.

B-rad

B-rad

Press On
Legendary Veteran 10th Anniversary Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
Let me make this easy for you PAC.

Your school has it set to block a proxy. But there are others that will get past your blocker.

Go to google and type in "Start Using CGIProxy" exactly as I typed it (without the quotes).

These are the type of pages your looking for:
Start Using CGIProxy
Start Using CGIProxy

Scan through until you find one that works. You WILL, it just may take a few pages of searching. Most of them will show up blocked but I've always used this technique in searching for a working proxy at school and every time I find one in the end.

Matter of fact, I used this type of proxy to get Project 64 on my schools computer myself. :cool:

M

Michael Allison

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
B-rad said:
Let me make this easy for you PAC.

Your school has it set to block a proxy. But there are others that will get past your blocker.

Go to google and type in "Start Using CGIProxy" exactly as I typed it (without the quotes).

These are the type of pages your looking for:
Start Using CGIProxy
Start Using CGIProxy

Scan through until you find one that works. You WILL, it just may take a few pages of searching. Most of them will show up blocked but I've always used this technique in searching for a working proxy at school and every time I find one in the end.

Matter of fact, I used this type of proxy to get Project 64 on my schools computer myself. :cool:

I disagree. It sounds to me like he went to the proxy and it still wouldn't allow him to download it. I could be wrong: the message was kind of jumbled, and I'm tired.

P

PAC ATAK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
all thanked and yes michael got what i was trying to say...i didnt think about using a cd-rom. ill try that and even if that doesnt work im just going to give up =P im not that worried about it. ha ha

M

Michael Allison

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
One last option: you could port it to the Nintendo DS and then play it. Just get the source code and get ready to make a lot of small graphics. :thumbup:

P

PAC ATAK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
cd rom worked...i freaking love you all =] and today is my BDAY! Nov. 20! im 17! finally...

M

Michael Allison

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
PAC ATAK said:
cd rom worked...i freaking love you all =] and today is my BDAY! Nov. 20! im 17! finally...

Cool beans! I win, eh?

Screw you school system.

Happy birthday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register