What's new

Discussion Is this over kill for a gaming setup?

• Thread starter FlawlessInstinctz
  • Start date
  • Views 7,621
P

Pyth0n

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We can't view it because we aren't logged into your account. You will have to post your build on here rather than linking to your wish list.

F

FlawlessInstinctz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There I fixed it :biggrin:

I

InfectHead

Strip the flesh, salt the wound!
Reaction score
I'm not sure you quite understand the way multi-monitors with multi-gpu setups work. 1 card does not power 1 monitor. All the cards power all the monitors, you can't dedicate 1 card to 1 monitor. With this in mind, getting a 7750 is a waste. Also to achieve CrossfireX, all AMD cards must be within the same generation (since you're getting 7970's, all the cards must be in the 79xx series).

As for your video cards, I recommend going with Tri-SLI GTX 670's instead. The GTX 670 is cheaper than the 7970, but performance between the two is very close with the NVIDIA card beating the other in some games, and vice-versa. Plus noise and temperature are less on the 670's. Oh and the motherboard only supports 3-way SLI/CrossfireX so getting more cards is useless.

The motherboard you posted has received quite poor reviews. I'd recommend THIS one. It's around $50 cheaper, has the same amount of PCIE 3.0 slots, same audio chipset, one less LAN chipset and 2 more USB 2.0/2 less USB3.0 than the one you have. Plus the reviews are marginally better.

Your CPU, PSU and SSD look nice. As for your HDD, if I may direct you to the WD Caviar Green line. They offer slower performance to that of the Caviar Blacks, although they have reduced noise levels, temps, and power consumption making them more eco-friendly. If you want, you can pickup 1x Caviar Black and 1x Caviar Green which I would recommend, just to decrease unnecessary power consumption. :smile:

I'd choose THIS RAM. It uses Quad-Channel memory, which your motherboard supports, and is cheaper.

5 Monitors is WAY too much and it is impractical and useless. I'd recommend 3 at most.

The rest looks good. If you got the cash to spend, then the build is definitely worth it.

R

Raab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I doubt you have the money for this, so I'm demanding pictures when you (if) you get this.

Top Bottom