What's new

Discussion Is this game worth it?

Red58

Red58

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I've played this game for a couple days and I'm level 12. There's nothing really great about this game. It's your typical cover-based shooter with bullet sponge enemies thrown in and simple RPG elements like quests and a loot system. The servers are really sh*tty, but that's because of Ubisoft. Their servers were never really reliable to begin with. There's definitely a lot of lag most of the time and it gets on my nerves. The fact that the servers aren't divided by region means that you'll play with people from all over the world, and that means having to see and hear a bunch of derp**** languages.

It's a decent game, but I wouldn't give it GotY or anything. Something that kinda worries me is that Ubisoft is saying that their company's future is with this game. If that's so, they need to do a lot more to this game to make it worth my while. The character animations are subpar and that can lead to frustration in combat when NPCs are moving around like crackheads and you're unable to get headshots a lot of the time.

I wish this game was first-person. It would help with the immersion greatly. 3rd-person games that don't have a lot of action tend to bore the hell out of me and take any bit of immersion away.

This is my impression so far.
This basically sums up the majority of the steam reviews. Seems like a lot of people are willing to ignore the game's flaws because of hype though, this has been kind of a recent problem I think. The first month of release your friend is like "this game is amazing, spend all your monies on it" then after a month or so the same guy (and most everyone else) is like "yeah this game is ******".

Every Ubisoft game ever basically.

UndeadASU

UndeadASU

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm level 19 almost level 20 and already bored with the missions and side missions, very repetitive. Am hoping the DZ will be a bit more exciting.
The missions are really annoying at times; I usually grab a friend to help. The Dark Zone is what got me hooked. It was all I played in the beta. I love the type of style it is. Grab what you can, don't die, and trust no one. I love it.

XBLPandaMods

XBLPandaMods

"I got broads in Atlanta."
Reaction score
Sin$
So I got the game. I'm level 18 already and I can safely say that its worth it. Just running around the DZ killing Rogues is fun and the collection system, along with the talents make this game 100% worth it.

Red_Devil

Red_Devil

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
kinda off topic but where did you buy it for £24. If it's that price, I really wouldn't mind buying it.
I gameshare with my brother and it was £48 on cdkeys.com. Quantum Break was only £34 on that site the last time I checked!
I bought it yesterday and I'm like level 4. I think it's pretty good but I'm not "hooked" on it yet. In the back of my mind I feel like it'll be another Titanfall. Popular for a few months and then never spoke about again.
It's a different type of game to Titanfall, but I see what you mean. It's also better overall than Titanfall was, but having played it a lot so far, it's definitely not a must play game in my opinion, but it is fun if you have it.

Keeley Hazell

Keeley Hazell

Lifetime Premium
Lifetime
5th Anniversary Mythical Veteran A Milli
Reaction score
Sin$
I gameshare with my brother and it was £48 on cdkeys.com. Quantum Break was only £34 on that site the last time I checked!

It's a different type of game to Titanfall, but I see what you mean. It's also better overall than Titanfall was, but having played it a lot so far, it's definitely not a must play game in my opinion, but it is fun if you have it.
I wasn't comparing the actual gameplay to Titanfalls.. I meant like the replay value of it I guess? Meaning I don't think it will last long but I don't think it's a bad game.

Cloudie

Cloudie

Reaction score
Sin$
Well the game can get repetitive (side missions and encounters).
Other then that it's fun if you play with friends. Playing solo can ruin your image of the game though.

BreakdowN v2

BreakdowN v2

VIP
Retired
End of the Year 2012 End of the Year 2016 End of the Year 2017
Reaction score
Sin$
I have a love, hate relationship with this game. With that said, I'v literally got over 2 consistent days put into this game and I am loving every God damn second of it.

Yes, the grind to 30 is a little harsh, but nothing compared to what I went through with Destiny. It has a nice handful of glitches, the repetitive bullet-sponge NPCs get annoying and playing alone simply just does not suffice. However, once you're 30 and you have some competent players in your group the Dark Zone just takes this game into a whole new level. Whether you're just hunting down bosses for loot or chopping down rouge agents down at the knees, there is just no other experience like the DZ.

Banned

Banned

But am I ?????
Mr. Nice Guy Mythical Veteran 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
What do you guys think of it so far? I've always been a fan of rainbow six Vegas, and I do like Seige, but part of me feels like if I got this it would end up like Destiny for me (on the back burner of what I want to play).

I'd love to hear what you all think makes the game worth it or not. :smile:
I find it fun but it is definitely destiny like when it comes to grinding. If my memory serves you didn't have the time to kee the grind up in destiny. Stick with black ops and wait for something else to drop imo.

UndeadASU

UndeadASU

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Well the game can get repetitive (side missions and encounters).
Other then that it's fun if you play with friends. Playing solo can ruin your image of the game though.
I agree. Most people I know that don't like the game didn't/haven't tried the DZ yet. I will admit, this game would die very fast if DZ wasn't included.

Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Mythical Veteran Trifecta TotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I find it fun but it is definitely destiny like when it comes to grinding. If my memory serves you didn't have the time to kee the grind up in destiny. Stick with black ops and wait for something else to drop imo.

I agree. Most people I know that don't like the game didn't/haven't tried the DZ yet. I will admit, this game would die very fast if DZ wasn't included.
For me, Destiny was not even about time. I could have definitely bought TTK and kept playing, but I just had no desire to. I feel like this would be a repeat for me, so maybe I'll hold off.

Banned

Banned

But am I ?????
Mr. Nice Guy Mythical Veteran 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
For me, Destiny was not even about time. I could have definitely bought TTK and kept playing, but I just had no desire to. I feel like this would be a repeat for me, so maybe I'll hold off.
Probably a good idea. I enjoy the dz with my buddy right now.

N

NetNobody

If you can dream it, you can do it.
Reaction score
Sin$
What do you guys think of it so far? I've always been a fan of rainbow six Vegas, and I do like Seige, but part of me feels like if I got this it would end up like Destiny for me (on the back burner of what I want to play).

I'd love to hear what you all think makes the game worth it or not. :smile:
yeah i think it is good solo and with others

Steezen

Steezen

Reaction score
Sin$
Already full of high-end gear... Lvl 30 and 51 in the dz.... Not much to do already.... Kinda sad at the lack of content... They really did the destiny thing by splitting a full game over the course of a year... Its a money grab.... You should wait for dadksoul 3! 
Plus beside the dark zone... There is no real pvp.... That would give the game a really longer lifetime....

Top Bottom
Login
Register