What's new

Discussion Is this game worth buying?

IVIATTY

IVIATTY

When all else fails...cheat.
Fabled Veteran Tutorial Creator CotM
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm considering getting this game for Christmas, I played the beta and enjoyed it but I really wasn't into the vehicles I preferred gun combat instead of going into the tanks. How much of a difference is there from BF4 to BF3? And is it worth paying more for battlefield 4.

Inver7ed

Inver7ed

Enthusiast
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
a nice improvement from bf3

only complaint I have is server errors and rash but those aren't as common as people make them out to be, maybe one in fifteen game it might happen. and it seems to be better with the latest patch.

over all not much has changed from bf3 to bf4 but the changes they have made only improve the game.
some controls and buttons are a little different but you can change those in the settings to your liking (fyi bf3 button layout is called veteran on bf4settings)

some minor tweaks to make the game more easy to navigate, like the kit setup menu

-Crippler-

-Crippler-

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
They removed the squad-up feature at the menu, so if you want to play with friends you pretty much have to pray there's room in their game for you. DICE doesn't seem to care much about this problem either.

Only a few of the maps you get on release are actually fun/good:
Shanghai
Locker
Paracel Storm

Wait for the "Second Assault" maps to be available WITHOUT premium if you do get it. That will give you the best bang for your buck seeing as premium just isn't worth it this time around.

Overall it's an average attempt. Next-gen it what really sells it, the graphics are 10x better and who doesn't want 64 player conquest?

Deadpool

Deadpool

Politically Incorrect
Retired
Lifetime
Fabled Veteran Beginning of An Odyssey Jokester
Reaction score
Sin$
Tons better than Ghosts, I'll say that.

Aydind

Aydind

VIP
VIP
Retired
Bright Idea Reporter Tutorial Creator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm considering getting this game for Christmas, I played the beta and enjoyed it but I really wasn't into the vehicles I preferred gun combat instead of going into the tanks. How much of a difference is there from BF4 to BF3? And is it worth paying more for battlefield 4.

No, Same thing as Battlefield 3. Ghosts is better in my opinion.

Modify

Modify

Active and Inactive
Glitcher Mr. Nice Guy Hardened Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Extinction is the only thing ghosts has going for it really.
Meh Ghost just has ****** maps. But me I'm slowly moving away from CoD, was hoping for Patriots(Loved RS:V2) but I feel like it wont be coming out.

Deadpool

Deadpool

Politically Incorrect
Retired
Lifetime
Fabled Veteran Beginning of An Odyssey Jokester
Reaction score
Sin$
Meh Ghost just has ****** maps. But me I'm slowly moving away from CoD, was hoping for Patriots(Loved RS:V2) but I feel like it wont be coming out.

I heard they were remaking patriots. I still have both RS:V games, played the hell out of them...

shaddy

shaddy

I am SHADDY t-_-t
Chatty Kathy Stickied Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I have it for both 360 and PS4 and I like it on both. I like the game a lot but it just needs a few more tweaks and updates to be great. Theres a small difference in the fact that they changed the controller layout, again. So you will have to get used to it.
Fun game when it doesn't freeze or crash.

BattleBuddy

BattleBuddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I haven't played online multiplayer yet, but the campaign is really good imo.

Zydrin

Zydrin

To go beyond is as wrong as to fall short.
Grizzled Veteran Seasoned Veteran 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't know. I may try and get it sometime. I liked BF3. I just enjoy how realistic this game is. It is truly amazing.

Top Bottom
Login
Register